Pre-wedding Parties

When is/was your bridal shower?

My aunt has graciously offered to host my bridal shower for me. I am beyond excited as she is a fab party planner and I can't wait to see what she comes up with! I have had a few of my friends and family members ask me when my shower will be. I asked my aunt and she said that she will put it on whenever I want. My question is, how long before the wedding to showers typically happen?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: When is/was your bridal shower?

• I think the norm ( at least from what I've seen!) is any where from 1-3 months before the wedding. Mine is next weekend and we'll be about 2 months out. I'm really excited for mine! Mostly because I live out of state so I get to fly home and see all my family and friends. Its going to be so fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• It can happen any time really in the six months leading up to the wedding. Really, you should have no part in planning it other than giving her a list of guests (who obviously are invited to the wedding as well). Just tell your aunt that it was kind of her to be so flexible, but as she is the hostess, you are happy to work around her schedule. If she presses give her a couple options of dates that are best for you. 
  • It can happen any time really in the six months leading up to the wedding. Really, you should have no part in planning it other than giving her a list of guests (who obviously are invited to the wedding as well). Just tell your aunt that it was kind of her to be so flexible, but as she is the hostess, you are happy to work around her schedule. If she presses give her a couple options of dates that are best for you. 
    I am on the same page with you there.
  • Mine was about 2 months before my wedding. I don't think that letting her know what dates are good for you is helping plan your party. It's really just ensuring that you are going to be able to be there for the party that she's planning in your honor.
  • @tammym1001-That's what I was thinking, too. I didn't think of giving dates as planning at all. I am thinking I will probably do September 6thish for my shower. The wedding is Oct. 18th
  • I think that would be the perfect time frame.
  • ab6704aab6704a member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

My wedding is on June 7th and my shower was April 27th.  The Easter, Mother's Day, and Memorial Day weekends sort of narrowed the options for available weekends as it got closer. 

I think it's a good idea to let your aunt know a few weekends that you're free for planning purposes.  Or at least let her know if there are any weekends you definitely AREN'T going to be free. 

• Because of my job, I only have Mondays and Tuesdays off. Come July and August, I will have only Mondays off. Our wedding is September 6th, and my MOH is hosting a shower this Monday (yes, on Memorial Day) and my Godmother is hosting one the following Monday in my hometown (6 hours from my current residence). I haven't been a part of the planning at all, but I did offer up the dates. They have been so kind to work around my strange schedule, and I know they will both be fairly small and very lovely. Three months out is a bit early, but what can you do?
  • Mine is this weekend and I'm so excited! My sister and mom are throwing it for me and flying in from Texas to host. I have a lot of friends that don't live around here so I get to see a lot of people I don't see on a regular basis- these next two days are going to take so long :) 
  • Mine is also this weekend! My girls are the best and (from what I've heard) have all worked together to make it special..  I can't wait!!
  • @TexasBride2014 @megalega14, Yay! I hope you both have wonderful showers this weekend! Please report back with all the details!
  • KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    My maid of honor planned mine for two weeks before the wedding.

• My shower was PERFECT!! I am so grateful for the hard work my bridal party put into the day.!  the food, decorations, games, gifts, everything was more than I could have ever imagined.! I feel so blessed.!
  • My shower was amazing thanks for asking @megalega14! My sister and mother are a serious dream team, everything was so fun, everyone had a blast! I hate to be the center of attention and it was planned so it was more mingling, there was even a bingo game during present opening so it wasn't just me sitting there awkwardly unwrapping gifts. 

Fun fact:I also learned that there's apparently a game where they write down what you say as you open gifts and re-read them as things you will say on your wedding night---some of my faves: "oh my dad has one." "I'm just going to stick that back in there to keep it safe" "Oh it's so heavy I can't lift it" "Totally not Harry Potter related"

Some pics of their amazing decor- including the "amore" sign because FI is Italian! 
  • I'm so glad your showers went great! My aunt has informed me that my shower will be on August 17th. Woohoo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards