Laurlo82Laurlo82 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited June 2014 in Pre-wedding Parties
Thank you everyone for the help!

Re: ~*~

• Laurlo82Laurlo82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2014
  • It would not be out of line at all to decline this party.  It sounds like it would just cause a large amount of stress and possible arguments with your Mom.

I would just tell her that you really appreciate her offer but that you just prefer not to have an engagement party.  I don't think you need to elaborate on why you don't want it.

• Also, if she does the passive-aggressive thing and springs uninvited guests on you at the shower that is on her, not you.  You do not have to invite them to your wedding and she will have to clean up that mess.
  • I would definitely decline. She is being pushy and it is making you uncomfortable. This is only the engagement party; I can already see her continuing this behavior deeper into the planning process if you let her get by with it now. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I think under the circumstances you should definitely decline: "Mom, since we have such different ideas about how to hold this engagement party, I'd prefer not to have one at all.  Thanks for the offer, but I think we'll skip the engagement party."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards