Chit Chat

Treats

Are there treats that you won't buy for yourself, but you'll have whenever they are offered?  Like Nutter Butters cookies - I LOVE them, but can't ever justify buying them, both price-wise and health-wise.  But everytime they have a blood drive here at work, I donate and eat the crap out of them!  :D

Re: Treats

• I've stopped buying potato chips to keep in the house. But when I go to my moms. OM NOM NOM.

Anniversary
  • Donuts. I would never buy a donut for myself ever again but someone brings them in to work and I'm all over it.
  • Bagels + cream cheese. I can eat cream cheese straight if I'm in a snacking mood, and I can easily throw half a tub of it onto a bagel. So I've just completely eschewed them. I get gross bagels for FI, and gross flavored cream cheese that he likes so that I won't just hammer down and eat it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I try to keep all snack food out of the house. But if FI gets a bag of chips, I'll go to town on that shit. Or cookies. Or ice cream. Or anything. 
  • Nilla Wafers. I never buy them, but I worked at a childcare center in college that kept them in the drawers for snack time and I scarfed them down so hard.
  • cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    I try to keep all snack food out of the house. But if FI gets a bag of chips, I'll go to town on that shit. Or cookies. Or ice cream. Or anything. 

We keep all snack food out of the house as well or FI is the one that'll go to town on it. I've gone into the freezer more times than I count looking for a couple bites of ice cream and all I find is an empty container that we just bought two days earlier.

ETA - not that I'll turn down chips or cupcakes or brownies but the man is a fiend when it comes to junk food. If we didn't keep it out of the house he wouldn't have just run his third marathon, he'd be couch surfing instead.

• Chocolate covered cherries.  I gave up sweets awhile ago, but every time I see my mother, she has two or three boxes ready for me.  And it would be rude for me to refuse, right?...  ;)
    Anniversary

Yes, I'm the freak that likes these.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Almond Joy for sure :) My favorite but refuse to buy them. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    DADDY??? When did you join TK????

Literally the only other person I've ever known to enjoy these.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Everything! We are in that boat of can't buy any sweets or they'd be gone in an hour. So when I go to parties I am most excited about: chips w/ french onion dip, fruit w/ cool whip, and cheese w/ pepperoni!

@beethery OMG me too on the cream cheese!! The 3 times a year that I stop at Dunkins for a bagel I ask for extra, extra cream cheese. Same with sour cream- the few times a year I order a baked potato I ask for "an obnoxious amount" of sour cream...and usually I still need to ask for more.

• Any of the super processed junk food like Oreos, Doritos, etc. I won't buy them myself, but am in no way above shoving fistfuls of them in my facehole if I see them at a party.

• beethery said:

Gloria, the old lady I work with, likes them, too. Know you know THREE whole people who do :)
  • beethery said:

Gloria, the old lady I work with, likes them, too. Know you know THREE whole people who do :)
    You can add my DH, his oldest DD, and my oldest DD's husband to the list.  You have to be the only 6 because licorice crap is super nasty.  DH thinks it is oh so funny to eat a handful and then try to kiss me. He will die if he ever tries it the second time.
  • emmyg65emmyg65 member
    We also keep all snack food out of the house, especially candy. I have very poor impulse control when it comes to food!
  • kmmssg said:
    beethery said:

You can add my DH, his oldest DD, and my oldest DD's husband to the list.  You have to be the only 6 because licorice crap is super nasty.  DH thinks it is oh so funny to eat a handful and then try to kiss me. He will die if he ever tries it the second time.
    So I take it clove gum is out, as well? Because I love that shit, too. And black jellybeans. Can't get enough.
  • Milano cookies. I can't justify spending that much money on like 6 cookies but hot damn do I love them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • doeydodoeydo member
    Ha, no.  I buy and eat what I want.  
  • doeydo said:
    Ha, no.  I buy and eat what I want.  
    Me too.
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    We pretty much don't buy junk at all. I have absolutely no self control when it is available. With ANYTHING. Even things I don't really like, like popcorn. 
  • Flaming Hot Cheetos. I can't buy them myself because I will inhale them in one sitting. I may or may not have stolen an unopened bag that a child set down at a park to play on the playground. It had been 3 weeks since I had them. It wasn't my proudest moment.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I cannot be trusted with junk food...I have to eat ALL THE THINGS! When I moved in with FI he had a jar and a half of nutella in his pantry. I got ahold of it when he wasn't home...months later he went for some nutella and came up empty. He was totally baffled. Granted, it did take me a month or two to go through it all, but yeah...can't have shit like that just lying around at my house.
  • Oreos, potato chips, I also try to avoid buying whole candy bars, if anything I'll put the mini ones. Also ice cream I love it but I'm lactose intolerant...

Anniversary

• afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    If there are cookies in the house I can and will eat all of them. So the compromise is if I want cookies I have to bake. It's easy to spend $3 and eat your weight in Oreos, but it seems too inconvienet most of the time to make cookies. 
  • SenecafSenecaf member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    We also don't buy junk or processed anything. I try to exhibit self control but I am terrible. Baked goods are my downfall. I made muffins sunday. I probably ate right away.
  • Loft House cookies. Those things are so damn good.
  • kmmssg said:
    beethery said:

So I take it clove gum is out, as well? Because I love that shit, too. And black jellybeans. Can't get enough.

SIB AGAIN!!!

Oh yeah - all that stuff is nasty.  It would be impossible for me to detest licorice more than I do.  Now anything mint/chocolate?  Stand back, move away slowly and no one gets hurt...
  • afox007 said:
    If there are cookies in the house I can and will eat all of them. So the compromise is if I want cookies I have to bake. It's easy to spend $3 and eat your weight in Oreos, but it seems too inconvienet most of the time to make cookies. 

You know, if you pop those Oreos in the oven for a minute they would be kinda like homemade Oreos, maybe just  a little warm and Squisheeeeee.

DH is uncontrollable with those honey mustard pretzel bites and cookies and pie.  He tells me the stuff sublimated while I was at work.  Big Fat Liar.

• JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    edited May 2014
    I'm a pretty mindful eater and if I want something, I just buy it and eat it. But I will do things like eat one bite out of a candy bar or half an individual bag of chips, which drives Fi CRAZY. He doesn't understand why I don't just eat the whole thing. (Of course I wrap it and save it for later, not wasting food). So, I don't really have anything that's off-limits in the house.

But I am definitely more likely to eat sweets if I'm out somewhere and they're offered. It would never occur to me to eat chocolate lava cake on my own (just not a chocolate fiend), but when Fi had some at his birthday dinner-- yes please!

Edited for TK paragraph stupids.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards