Chit Chat

I'm in need of a wahhhhmbulance

My first fitting was supposed to be tomorrow morning at 9, in FI's hometown, which is about a 20 minutes drive from where we are. My mom was going to come down from the city for it, so she could give input. She's paying for the dress, but other than seeing a photo of it when I was still trying to figure out what I wanted, she hasn't had much to do with it so I wanted to include her.

Anyway, late yesterday afternoon, my dressmaker let me know that her boyfriend's grandmother died yesterday morning and that the funeral is this weekend so she wouldn't be able to do my fitting tomorrow as planned. 

She said they would be passing through FI's hometown this morning and if I could make it at 8.30 she could help me then. But I have no transport today, so that's not going to work. She then suggested June 14, but we're OOT then for my sister's "wedding". She was very flustered, so I told her to please not worry about rescheduling right now, to focus on getting through the funeral, and we can figure things out when it's calmer.

I'm bummed that my dress fitting isn't happening this weekend, but it's just a dress. There's still plenty of time left, and we can reschedule. I'm really just sad for my dressmaker and her BF. They're good people, and it sucks that they're dealing with this loss.

Anyway, so I let my mom know all of that, and she said she doesn't think she's going to come down this weekend then. It's a 5 hour drive and she hasn't been feeling well lately. Her cancer markers are up from what they should be, so the doctor has her on new chemo pills, and they basically just kick the crap out of her at completely random intervals. So I totally understand that she's not up to coming "just for a visit", but at the same time I am pretty bummed. She did say she might still drive down tomorrow if she's feeling better, but I don't think she will. If there was bus service here, I'd be on the bus to her right now.

So wahhh, I'm a big 28 year old baby who needs her mommy. 
imageDaisypath Friendship tickers

Re: I'm in need of a wahhhhmbulance

• I'm 38 and I totally get it. My mom and I are super tight. She being treated for cancer right now as well, in FL, and I'm in CO. It's shitty, no denying that. I don't think missing your Mom is a Whaaaambulance type thing at all. She's your Mom, it's okay to miss her :)
  • I'm 38 and I totally get it. My mom and I are super tight. She being treated for cancer right now as well, in FL, and I'm in CO. It's shitty, no denying that. I don't think missing your Mom is a Whaaaambulance type thing at all. She's your Mom, it's okay to miss her :)
    Thanks. I'm sorry your mom's dealing with cancer too. It bites. :( I am totally a mommy's girl. I miss her SO much, ALL the time. My mom and I are like Lorelai and Rory, only fat and South African.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • I totally get it. My mom is my best friend, and I hate that we live four hours apart now.

Sending up prayers for your mom to get well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I'm sorry about your mom's cancer. Happy thoughts are being sent in her direction!

I'm close with my mom but would never call her my best friend. However, sometimes I just need my mom. And I think she likes that!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Cancer is the woooooooorst. I'm sorry :(
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards