Wedding Etiquette Forum

Save the Date question

Do Save the Dates have the same rule as invitations, where each adult family in the household gets one, or can 1 be sent with all of the names of who will be getting invitations?

Re: Save the Date question

• STD are a little different. It depends. Honestly, you can just give 1 for everyone in the household. The rule for invitations is 18 and up should get their own. Remember though whoever you send a save the date to MUST be given an invite. If you aren't sure about some, don't send them a save the date then later if you have to cut guests, you can.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I did because mine were paper, however I think sending multiple magnets is silly. 
  • I will be inviting everyone in the household (aunt/uncle and cousin w/ kids) so I was thinking of just 1 per address since it usually does go on the fridge - except for another cousin who's house hunting and will probably move in the next 6 months.

• KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    STDs aren't needed, so the 'rules' on them are a little more lax I believe.  I think you're fine to do one for the house if you intend to invite everyone in the house.

When we sent STDs, we just did one for the house.  This only affected two houses that had kids over 18 in the home, my SIL's family and FI's parents/ siblings, and we separated them when sending invites (SIL's parents have one child over 18 living at home, and one under 18: the one under 18 was included on the parents' invite, the one over 18 got her own invite for she and her bf; FI's two brothers and sister live at home, all over 18: parents got an invite, each sibling got their own invite).  

There was one home that we did send two STDs to, because weren't inviting all members of the house, just my friend and her parents (she has two much older brothers that still live at home and weren't invited).  All others invited were either a couple, a single person, or a family with younger children.

• I will be inviting everyone in the household (aunt/uncle and cousin w/ kids) so I was thinking of just 1 per address since it usually does go on the fridge - except for another cousin who's house hunting and will probably move in the next 6 months.

That's fine :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I did magnets one per household or one per fridge (my grandmother has an in-law apartment in my aunt's house). Two of my girl cousins and my sister got mad (not really mad) that they didn't get their own so I ended up giving them one as well. Didn't mail it though. The guys didn't care.
    Anniversary
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    For magnets, I'd do one per household.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • We did 1 magnet per household except for one because we knew the adult son living there would be upset if he didn't get his own.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards