Chit Chat

Treats

2»

Re: Treats

• We can't have junk food in the house as FSS doesn't know responsibility- the twerp eats anything unhealthy the moment he finds it.

But my love of those Little Debbie chocolate peanut butter bars shows no bounds....
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • afox007 said:
    If there are cookies in the house I can and will eat all of them. So the compromise is if I want cookies I have to bake. It's easy to spend $3 and eat your weight in Oreos, but it seems too inconvienet most of the time to make cookies. 
    I also have this rule for myself. When I tell people they look at me like I'm crazy. But I eat cookies a lot less now!
    Anniversary

• We can't have junk food in the house as FSS doesn't know responsibility- the twerp eats anything unhealthy the moment he finds it. But my love of those Little Debbie chocolate peanut butter bars shows no bounds....
    Those are the best thing ever. I keep them in fridge because they are awesome cold. And I can eat a whole box all by myself.
  • afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    We can't have junk food in the house as FSS doesn't know responsibility- the twerp eats anything unhealthy the moment he finds it. But my love of those Little Debbie chocolate peanut butter bars shows no bounds....
    Is it possible to just have a hidden stash? Your FSS sounds a lot like FI's step daughter from his first marriage. She lived with us for awhile and I thought she would eat us out of house and home. I finally started keeping all my chips and crackers hidden in the desk drawer in our office. 
  • afox007 said:
    We can't have junk food in the house as FSS doesn't know responsibility- the twerp eats anything unhealthy the moment he finds it. But my love of those Little Debbie chocolate peanut butter bars shows no bounds....
    Is it possible to just have a hidden stash? Your FSS sounds a lot like FI's step daughter from his first marriage. She lived with us for awhile and I thought she would eat us out of house and home. I finally started keeping all my chips and crackers hidden in the desk drawer in our office. 
    Haha.  Although for different reasons, this reminds me of FBIL's secret stash.  When he was a little boy (he was 11 when we started dating) it was a BIG DEAL to him if he got Gatorade to bring to sports practice.  He would save his money and buy Gatorade.  But as the youngest of four siblings, his stuff kept getting taken by the older ones.  So he started hiding the Gatorade all over the house.  For years you would open the TV stand or the china cabinet and find bottles of blue Gatorade.

Shit, he's 22 now.  I don't think he hides Gatorade anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• afox007 said:
    Haha.  Although for different reasons, this reminds me of FBIL's secret stash.  When he was a little boy (he was 11 when we started dating) it was a BIG DEAL to him if he got Gatorade to bring to sports practice.  He would save his money and buy Gatorade.  But as the youngest of four siblings, his stuff kept getting taken by the older ones.  So he started hiding the Gatorade all over the house.  For years you would open the TV stand or the china cabinet and find bottles of blue Gatorade.

Shit, he's 22 now.  I don't think he hides Gatorade anymore.

hahaha

There was a time before I met FI when I lived at my brother's house and he also had a friend living in the basment (basement Jimmy). I am one to keep chocolate bars in the fridge and just eat one square per night (I know amazing self control) and I'd always come home and yell at basement Jimmy for being a stoner and eating my chocolate. Years later, my brother and his friends still make fun of me in my voice complaining about my god damn chocolate.

• lc07 said:
    This reminds me of "road trip food". I will buy things at gas stations to eat on a road trip that I would NEVER buy and stock at the house. I dunno why.
    Yes beeeeeef jerky. NOMNOMNOMNOM.
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    These are my weakness, usually my BFF will buy me one of the two packs for my birthday. 
  • MagicInk said:
    Those are the best thing ever. I keep them in fridge because they are awesome cold. And I can eat a whole box all by myself.
    So can I. I have tried hiding them in the back of the freezer but can't seem to forget that they're there!
  • afox007 said:
    I've tried but with mixed results. He eats anything unhealthy but tends to forget to seal the packages so I end up throwing a decent amount away. We've found that hiding things in the crisper under veggies works as does putting it in the freezer behind anything healthy. For bigger packages like chips, we're struggling.

FI has recently started joking building a lock around the pantry and the fridge...
  • lc07 said:
    This reminds me of "road trip food". I will buy things at gas stations to eat on a road trip that I would NEVER buy and stock at the house. I dunno why.
    Road trip food for us:
    Crunch and Munch or Chex Mix Bold
    Sweet tarts or Dots
    Some chocolate: chocolate covered raisins, Reese's pieces, peanut butter m&m's
    Beef Jerky 

Yum! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I try to keep all snack food out of the house. But if FI gets a bag of chips, I'll go to town on that shit. Or cookies. Or ice cream. Or anything. 
    This is me.  If it's there, I will eat it.  Even if I don't like it that much.  Like, I could eat a bag of Chex Mix.  I don't even like Chex Mix.  But if it's there, my fat ass will eat it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also, I went to buy one of those little $1 single serving Hagen Daaz at the grocery store today and it had 260 calories.  I looked at that thing and started doing the math on my average "single serving" of ice cream and decided I can't eat that anymore.  Because it's at least 6 of that.

AT LEAST.

>.<

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI is sooo stingy with ice cream. You know how in the U.S. one scoop actually= three scoops? FI will just have one scoop. Like literally, one. And then he acts like I am such a pig for having a NORMAL amt of ice cream. Ugh.
  • Then again, FI is at a totally normal weight and I am overweight. Go figure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards