September 2014 Weddings

Double Digits!

September 6th brides, we are officially in the double digits!!! Pretty soon we will be at the 3 month mark! Time is flying. How is everyone's wedding planning coming along? What are you all working on?

FI and I just finished painting our centerpieces and are currently working on table numbers.  In about two weeks we will start on invitations/RSVPs (DIYing them) and then we will be sending them out on June 28th!
Anniversary

Re: Double Digits!

• Woo-hoo!!! I'm happy for you. We have so much to do, but we're knocking it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was very excited to see our countdown at 99 days!!! We really need to get on centerpieces and table numbers... I just don't have many ideas and don't really care all that much, lol. I need to find a place to get my dress altered (it should be a simple hem- no bustle needed). We have our invites, so I just need to address them all. We plan to send them out the first week of July. The cake. We really need to find time to find a baker. I'm starting to freak out just a little about it, but I'm sure it will be fine. I just can't wait to be married already!
  • HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    How exciting for you girls!!  But I admit, I panicked just a little...I'm Sept. 26th, and realized in a mere 3 weeks I'll be in the double digits.  Then I started thinking about what I still have to do... my invitations are addressed, just need to  seal & stamp them, I need to make my favors & table numbers.  Of course waiting to hear that my dress is here & I can go try it on.  Luckily I'm a teacher... and summer vacation is just around the corner... so I think I'll be able to get everything accomplished.
  • I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting REALLY excited!  I'm finishing up the centerpiece jars this weekend.  I'm doing mason jars, but I'm dying them that light green color that are impossible to find and are super expensive if you do.

I think I'll start slowly addressing the invitations, we plan on sending them out the first of July.  I've started labeling frames jars, buckets, etc with a label on the bottom telling my wedding lanner where everything goes.  I'm really hoping they will handle al the decorating and setting up and I won't have to think twice about it.

We just picked out the suits for the groomsmen and made the reservation at the tuxedo place.  And we are also starting to fill out the music worksheet from our DJ!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so excited to hit the 99 day mark! I think we FINALLY have our RD figured out, which was one of the last big things on the list (big being the word here since in FI's family it's a tradition to invite all OOT family to the RD so we have that whittled down to 65 people). We set a date for our food tasting and we also got the first gift off our registry delivered today! I'm waiting until FI gets home to open it but I peeked on the registry and it's actually one of the things I most wanted so I'm extra excited.

Now we just have to figure out the groomsmen attire, start addressing invites (to be mailed 7/12), and figure out what the heck I'm going to do with my hair/makeup.
  • @laurakay0705 I'm hoping to finish our table numbers and centerpieces this weekend as well. It will be such a relief to have them done!

@Simky906 we just figured out our RD last week and it was such a weight off our shoulders. We only have 30 people coming, so I can imagine you were stressed trying to figure something out for 65 guests!   Sometime in the next couple of weeks we are going to look at attire for FI and his GM.  He's really excited about it :) I still need to make an appt for my hair and make up trial! So much to do still!

@Alikat9614 Good luck! Hopefully you can figure something out soon!  It took FI and I a while to find ideas for everything, but we did  A LOT of internet searching and ended up putting different ideas together to form our centerpieces.
    Anniversary

• Yes, it was a huge relief. We were originally just budgeting for bridal party and immediate family but since we're inviting guests from as far away as CA and AK to attend our Northern Virginia wedding we decided to go this route. It became a lot easier when my maternal grandmother offered to pay for her side of the family and my dad offered to contribute as well. Those two have been very generous; FI and I originally budgeted to pay everything ourselves but my grandmother paid for my dress and now part of the RD and my dad and stepmom paid for the DJ, photographer, videographer and now part of the RD too. We're very lucky to have them since that opened up our RD options quite substantially.
  • I'm a Sept 6th bride, and am really excited! We sent out our invites about 2 weeks ago (because it's a destination wedding and people need to get accommodations, etc), and are going to be finishing up the wedding favors next weekend, and then getting all the groomsmen clothing the following weekend.
    Time is ticking!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Wow time is flying! I'm not at double digits yet (Sept. 23rd) but I feel like the last 5 months have blown by.

I haven't done too much lately for the wedding. Finished knitting the lace shawl I'll wear in the evening and I'm starting to put together an emergency kit for day of for myself and our (10) guests. At least if something goes wrong I'll hopefully be prepared somewhat!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ah can't believe I'm more behind the September 6th brides!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• 100 days to go for us 9/13ers!! :-D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards