California-Bay Area

XP JT Glamour

Hi, I'm looking at using JT Glamour in Livermore for myself and my bridesmaids' hair/make-up.  Unfortunately, I live in Southern CA, so I won't be able to go out there to meet them and have a trial for a few months.  To hold the date, I have to put down a $150 deposit.  This would be what I would probably end up spending at the trial anyways so even if I don't like them it still seems like a good idea.  Has anyone had any experience with them?  If so I would love to see actual pictures of their work and your personal opinion.  They have great reviews on yelp other sites, but I never really know.Thanks

Re: XP JT Glamour

• I used them for my wedding and my boudior photos.  (I'm one of their great yelp reviewers).  I ended up doing two trials, because my hair grew out quite a bit in between the first trial and the wedding, so I wanted to be sure I knew how I wanted my hair. 

Jaymee did an amazing job at both trials and on my wedding day, so I decided to use her for my boudior photos also.  And she did a great job then also !    I've referred quite a few people to her since then, and they have all loved her.

• This is too late for you but just in case anyone looks for this advice in future: DO NOT USE HER!

I booked Jaymee 5 months before my wedding. I paid her in full 3 months before in good faith, shame on me for trusting her. Jaymee disappeared with my money, canceling on me one day before my wedding. She claimed to be sending a replacement but refused to provide her replacement's name, contact information, and some proof of the quality of her work. I got Jaymee to agree to issue me a full refund. Two months later, I still did not see that money despite emailing her regularly. I finally had to threaten her with small claims court and after two weeks of doing so, I got my money back in installments.
    Jaymee's services are cheaper than her competitors but she will steal you money and leave you hanging hours before your wedding. I should have paid better attention to the negative reviews on her page.

Don't let Jaymee do this to you!!!
  • This is too late for you but just in case anyone looks for this advice in future: DO NOT USE HER!

I booked Jaymee 5 months before my wedding. I paid her in full 3 months before in good faith, shame on me for trusting her. Jaymee disappeared with my money, canceling on me one day before my wedding. She claimed to be sending a replacement but refused to provide her replacement's name, contact information, and some proof of the quality of her work. I got Jaymee to agree to issue me a full refund. Two months later, I still did not see that money despite emailing her regularly. I finally had to threaten her with small claims court and after two weeks of doing so, I got my money back in installments.
    Jaymee's services are cheaper than her competitors but she will steal you money and leave you hanging hours before your wedding. I should have paid better attention to the negative reviews on her page.

Don't let Jaymee do this to you!!!
    What a bummer. I had am awesome experience and have since referred three other friends to her and they loved her also.

Sorry that happened to you!
  • That doesn't sound like Jaymee at all! I've been going to her since my wedding and I also have nothing but great things to say. She's very patient, talented, personable, to say the least. On my wedding day she showed up 10 min early, she even texted me on her way asking if I wanted any food or coffee. On my day her and her assistant made us all beautiful, got us done before scheduled time. She even stayed an extra half hour FOR FREE because I was worried that my crying would mess up my makeup and she wanted to make sure I was good to go before my ceremony. The day after she called to say thank you and congrats. Doesn't sound like the person described above at all!

I know she had some serious health problems earlier this year (I think a surgery for her colon?) maybe that was why she had to cancel last minute? I will post makeup pictures asap of my special day.

Hopefully this will help someone make their decision to book JtGlamour. I have nothing but good things to say as well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards