Chit Chat

I have no right to be upset about this. (just a vent)

But I am.  Somehow in all the hubbub of graduation day, Fi and I did not get a good picture together.  Part of the problem is that we all intended to have dinner, but my dad/SM/grandma left early because they had to drive to a family thing, and then FPILs left early because they were tired? and so the only time we all got together was right after the ceremony when there were a million people around.

I feel like I posed for a thousand photos.  Including ones with just Fi.  His mom, who was basically posing us around like a professional photog, apparently has a terrible camera phone.  Everything from her phone is really blurry and low-resolution, so it can only be printed at like 2 inches across.

Just disappointed and kind of pissed at nobody in particular.  I was bummed when everyone left early, but I really thought we at least got some good photos out of the deal.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: I have no right to be upset about this. (just a vent)

• I'm sorry! It's always disappointing when you think photos turned out better than they did.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I hate when that happens. I realized after our family Christmas that there was not a single picture of me AT ALL, let alone with FI. It was our first and only Christmas engaged, and there's no photographic proof I was even there. None with the nieces and nephews, nothin'. I took about 200 pictures of everyone else though. :( Sometimes my sisters try to take pics with my nice camera, but for whatever reason they always come out blurry (even though it's set to auto focus). My dad is a great photographer but he was too distracted by all the babies. And cheese. There was a lot of cheese.

• pinkshorts27pinkshorts27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2014
    I was super bummed that I somehow didn't get family photos with aunts that came from out of town for my high school graduation or pictures with my parents. I don't know how that happened. I made sure to get a million from my college graduation and made sure my brother got a ton at his graduation. 

I'm sorry, I know it sucks :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI and FPIL drove out to my graduation last year and I was so excited to get a picture of me in my cap and gown with FI, maybe a few around campus too. Only took two with FI before FPIL decided it was time to go because they had to drive back and FI wanted to go with them. Bummed, but ok. 

NONE of the pictures turned out because my mom used the wrong lens. I was really upset for a while (I was a snowflake and wanted everyone to see me in gown with FI as a FB profile pic), but I eventually got over myself enough to be thankful that they came. Didn't stop me from making sure we got a TON of pics of FI and I at his graduation a year later. 

It totally sucks and it's totally okay to be bummed. *Hugs*
  • Do-overs for everyone!

• That happened to us at easter ):
  • We didn't take any pictures after fiance got his hood and diploma. None. Before the ceremony, we took ones with him in his cap and gown, and the couple that his dad took of the two of us are just okay.

He could care less. I wish we had a picture of him with his hood on and his diploma in hand.

(But I will just have to make sure to take plenty at his ordination, which is a bigger deal anyways, and will not be a problem!)
  • I always fail at getting pics. Other than wedding pics, my husband and I have almost no pics together. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Gah!  Seems like this happens to the best of us.  I still just can't believe we were posing for so long and only got that one crummy picture.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I actually have no pictures of my own graduation. My mom and sisters came, but  never took any pictures. FI was at his own graduation, so he wasn't there to get pictures of me either. The "official" photo the school took came out pretty badly (it was breezy, and my hair had blown across my face), so there's no good photographic evidence that I was even AT the graduation, let alone got my diploma!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• That stinks! I'm sorry! :( But you graduated! YAY! Congrats! What is your degree in?
  • Thanks for helping me feel a bit better, everybody!

@SapphireCounselor My graduation was from law school.  Yay, I'm done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks for helping me feel a bit better, everybody!

@SapphireCounselor My graduation was from law school.  Yay, I'm done!
    That's right! Congrats again! And good luck on the bar!
  • I'm sorry that stinks!

I had the same thing for my wedding day and pics with my brother. It's nearly 7 years later and I get bummed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards