Favors

Hockey Wedding Favours

Hey ladies,

My girlfriend is getting married in July. She and her FI met when they were playing hockey, and their lives pretty much revolve around hockey.  I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for favours that are hockey related?  I found some personalized hockey pucks, but they're 10 bucks a piece.

You're the best,

Thanks!

Re: Hockey Wedding Favours

• csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

Photobooth with hockey accessories.

The face in the hole picture setup with a hockey scene.  My artist friend makes these.  If your friend can find a local artist then something custom could be made.

Anything edible that fits the hockey theme.  Cookies that look like team logos, chocolate sticks, wine bottles with cute labels and names along the lines of Zamboni Zinfandel, etc. 

Pucks and other physical trinkets will be kind of expensive and won't be as appreciated by the masses.  If you read other posts on this board you will see that nonedible options are not recommended.  I'm a huge hockey fan and I wouldn't take a puck favor home.  It just wouldn't have any use for me or place in my house.

• Hockey puck chocolates or cookies would be super cute.

FI and I are both big sports fans (hockey for me, basketball for him, baseball for both), and getting married at a golf club. We briefly thought about getting those little personalized golf towels that they give out at games, and putting them on each ceremony chair. People could wave them around when we're pronounced husband and wife like they do at sporting events. They'd be useful to us if people left them behind, and not super obnoxious if they had our names or something about our wedding because nobody cares what's on those things when they use them to clean up. Nixed it on budget though and just went with jelly beans. :-p

• mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I vote for cookies decorated in a hockey theme.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Chocolate covered oreos kind of look like hockey pucks. If you get a hockey stick chocolate mold (google it and you'll get a couple of options). Do the sticks in white or a lighter chocolate then the "puck"  and then you can use melted chocolate to  glue the sticks to the puck. Then put them in a little bag and tie and put a cute tag on it about how their sticks have crossed forever and they've scored the big goal. I'm sure you can probably work up a better saying.
  • i love chocolate and oreos so that's sold on me
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • It's a wedding, not a hockey game.

For people that don't know they met @ a hockey game, it might be kind of weird. I would definitely think it odd if I sat down @ a wedding and some hockey thing was on my plate.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's a wedding, not a hockey game.

For people that don't know they met @ a hockey game, it might be kind of weird. I would definitely think it odd if I sat down @ a wedding and some hockey thing was on my plate.

People have little touches all the time at weddings that allude to their interests or how they met. It's just favors. And the OP said that their lives revolve around hockey so I find it hard to believe that most of their guests wouldn't understand the reference. If they do edible favors in a hockey puck shape or hockey stick, it's really not an issue or something that all guests have to "get" to enjoy it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards