Wedding Etiquette Forum

Things people have said in the past month....

....that almost make me wish we were eloping. 

"Well you can definitely invite more people than your venue will hold...some people will surely decline!"

"You can seat more than that to a table! It doesn't matter if they don't have much room or if their plates are touching. They will be dancing most of the night anyway and not sitting. Besides, you are providing people with a dinner and open bar, what right have they to complain if they don't have any room?!"

"Here is a list of people I would like you to invite if you receive any declines!"

"I'm ONLY asking that you invite these 6 people!" - said by someone not paying for the wedding.

"Am I invited?"

"You don't have to invite any significant others! Cut all of them from your list! Only engaged and married people need to be invited as couples, really. Or relationships that seem like they're going somewhere because you can usually tell if they are." (I don't even....what?)

Make it all go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Re: Things people have said in the past month....

• FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Ok so this wasn't on TK, but I actually had someone ask me if FI and I would be refraining from sex until the wedding so that I can be "closer to virginity". Major WTF I should have eloped moment.

SITB

Do people really regret not being virigins that much? Sheesh. I seriously doubt we'll feel like doing it on our wedding night anyway. 

As to OP

• "So how many people do you think you'll be able to invite in the second round?"

"Well, you HAVE to have a gap.  When else will you take pictures?  I hate it and the guests hate it, but you need your pictures."

"If you don't invite [family members we have never met], you're saying my side of the family doesn't matter."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• A male coworker recently said to me "It's not like you can have a "real" honeymoon anyway", because FI and I have already lived together for 5 years.  Um... WTF? 

• "Here is your aunt's address."
    "I"m not inviting her."
    "But she's my sister! And she probably won't come anyway."
    "She will be so high on painkillers that she will either sleep through the ceremony or babble nonsense at everyone."
    "Yeah, that's true."

People say crazy shit.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Really?  Really?  Are these really true things actual people have said out loud?  Gawd!  Maybe I WILL elope!
  • Ok so this wasn't on TK, but I actually had someone ask me if FI and I would be refraining from sex until the wedding so that I can be "closer to virginity". Major WTF I should have eloped moment.
    LOL do people think that their virginity grows back or something?

I mean, do what you want.  Have sex, don't have sex, temporarily stop having sex until the wedding--whatever.  But I'm pretty sure virginity is something you either have or don't have... not something you get "closer to".

SaveSave
  • Ok so this wasn't on TK, but I actually had someone ask me if FI and I would be refraining from sex until the wedding so that I can be "closer to virginity". Major WTF I should have eloped moment.
    Wait...what? 
    Is that like being a born-again virgin?

adk19 said:
    Really?  Really?  Are these really true things actual people have said out loud?  Gawd!  Maybe I WILL elope!
    People are crazy. Don't tell anyone you're planning a wedding. Ever!

• FiancB said:
    Ok so this wasn't on TK, but I actually had someone ask me if FI and I would be refraining from sex until the wedding so that I can be "closer to virginity". Major WTF I should have eloped moment.

SITB

Do people really regret not being virigins that much? Sheesh. I seriously doubt we'll feel like doing it on our wedding night anyway. 

As to OP

***SITB with you!***

I could never commit my entire life to someone that I wasn't sure I'd be having great sex with for the rest of my life. But that's just me.
  • l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    A family friend upon finding out I'm getting married, not "Congratulations" or anything else you would normally expect, just "I hope you don't plan on changing your name.  I don't know why you would want to be known as Mrs. newlastname."  Seriously??
  • I snorted at some of the virginity comments. I just told that person, "no, FI and I love our sex life. I am not going to put a hold on that. Who want me to be bitchy for the remainder of our engagement?" Then I walked away.
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
  • My absolute favorite is everyone asking about kids...makes me want to smack people. 

That and asking what our budget is...

• "You should invite these family friends that you met once when you were 3 instead of your friends because you'll get a nice gift."

And the virginity thing...just what? It's not like your vagina just goes back to how it was before sex.
  • "You should invite these family friends that you met once when you were 3 instead of your friends because you'll get a nice gift."

And the virginity thing...just what? It's not like your vagina just goes back to how it was before sex.
    Well also your vag shouldn't be that different. It's not like every time you have sex it stretches and never un-stretches. The thing is made to push out babies, it's very elastic. Virginity is mostly a social construct.
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards