Ohio-Cleveland

Officiant

so, iI just went onkine and became irdained. now waiting for the papers so iI can send them in to the secretary of state to be able to legally solemnize marriages in ohio. iI am going to be better than the others listed because i will actually call/email people back.

how much do officiants normally charge?? any ideas??

Re: Officiant

• It depends on how far you have to travel, does the couple want to do a rehersal dinner and how much time you spend preparing what you are going to say at each service which will depend on how much the couple wants you to personalize the service for them. I would recommend coming up with an hourly rate, travel time costs if any, and sit down & write out a basic ceremony format (one that you would be able to use word for word just inserting names ) and figure out how much time you spend doing that. If you can use the same format each time & just inserting different names, you can reduce that portion of time charge because it's a one time thing for you to right up. But if you have to change the format around to fit each couple then you need to account for the time to write that up too.
  • thanks! iI bought a book along with the license that has several different ceremony options. of course iI just did this today so iI think iI will have awhile to come up with pricing. iI was just looking for a ballpark, but all this stuff makes sense. 
  • I answered you on the budget board, but I think it may have gotten lost in all the commotion about a Secretary of State over there :)

We used a minister from United Church of Christ in Westlake. He was awesome! He said he doesn't charge people and that he just takes whatever donation they can afford to give him. He said the norm is around $150.00. We ended up giving him $300.00
  • thanks tammy. they were pretty mean over there about this question. iI didnt understand all the commotion. oh well. 
  • Yeah I'm not quite sure what that was all about either. They jumped all over you about saying you were sending your info to the secretary of state and it turned out that they didn't even know what they were talking about. That was an unfortunate thread. I understood your question. Sometimes people on here like to pick apart a post and focus on one little section and then everyone jumps on it. Usually it's best to just walk away from those threads.
  • yeah it is best to walk away. iI kept  trying to explain my question to them. iI only posted one question, thats what iI kept trying to say. oh well. thanks though! 
  • I can relate!! Not having any luck in the Officiant department either. I have gotten responses, but when I reply or call and get nothing. I was looking into the licensing as well! Not for myself, but for someone else, lol. I am dying to read the thread you are talking about though. These boards can be quite entertaining.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards