Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Inviting a pregnant friend...

So I have sent out save the dates, and in the mean time, I have a friend whom I have known basically my entire life, become pregnant. She is due two weeks before the wedding and lives across the country... I would love to have her there, but know she will not be able to make it - Do I still send her an invite? I dont want her to think I am sending it just because I want a gift... Thoughts?

Re: Inviting a pregnant friend...

• Options
    Definitely send her an invite! You won't offend her by sending it, but you may by not inviting her, even if you think you're helping her out. :)
  • Options
    jcmoy241 said:
    So I have sent out save the dates, and in the mean time, I have a friend whom I have known basically my entire life, become pregnant. She is due two weeks before the wedding and lives across the country... I would love to have her there, but know she will not be able to make it - Do I still send her an invite? I dont want her to think I am sending it just because I want a gift... Thoughts?
    Of course!  Sending an invite lets her know she is included.  Let her RSVP no.  Don't not include her and make the decision for her.
  • Options
    Send her an invite. I have a friend who was due around my wedding (ended up giving birth on my wedding) and she still wanted to be invited because if the baby came early without complications they were coming. I kept joking with her that she could come even if she didn't have the baby yet and I wouldn't get mad if she delivered on the dance floor. She really couldn't have come because it was 400 miles away and she was in the window where she wasn't supposed to be more than an hour away from her hospital. But she knew she was wanted and I will never forget her youngest's birthday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I invited a friend of mine who is pregnant. She returned her RSVP with a little note on it saying "yes, pending baby's arrival". She knows my catering final date, and all is well :)
  • Options
    One of my girlfriends is due on my wedding date. Her + her parents are still getting invites. I would feel HORRIBLE to not send them. Even if there is no way she (or possibly her parents) will be there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards