Chit Chat

Opinions on Disposable Cameras

Have any of you ladies had many experiences with the disposable wedding cameras? Are they worth while? What are your opinions?

I like the idea of guests getting to catch fun moments the photographer may not, but if the cameras don't work / turn out then I might as well go with a cheap digital camera on the tables at the reception to get the same product. Its $6-9 for the disposable or $20 for a cheap digital. Is it worth saving the extra $?

Re: Opinions on Disposable Cameras

• Waste of money.  Pretty much everyone has a camera on their phone or brings a camera with them to weddings.  You can create a hashtag that people can then use when uploading their pictures to social media accounts and you can also use a wedding photo sharing app as well to get your guests pictures.

• Honestly they are a waste of money. I have seen a few weddings that had them on the tables and when developed there were not many good pictures. Some people think it's funny to take boob shots etc with those cameras. It's not funny when the bride and groom spend money getting them developed.
    Many people will bring their own cameras to take pictures. Make some cards with a website where they can send them to you. This works out much better and you will get nicer pictures thus way.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Waste of money. Even back before cell phone cameras were A Thing, they were a waste of money.

Most guests who'll want to take random photos will bring their own camera or use their phone. There are ways to try to get photos from guests; you can have a sign asking guests to use a hashtag on Instagram, or I think you might even be able to set up a computer and ask guests to quickly upload photos from their SD cards (although this is logistically tricky AND a know-your-audience thing).
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Set up a photosharing account, and put the password in your program so guests can upload their camera phone pics.

Waaay less expensive and prone to failure.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I used them at my first wedding and had more ass shots than I ever imagined. One whole camera was dedicated to the BM's naked ass. It made me wonder if he had pants on at all that night.

We won't be doing them again. 
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They definitely are sounding much less attractive. I like the photo share website idea. I will have to look into setting up an account.
  • There are a bunch of photo sharing sites available out there. I've been contemplating doing the same- let us know which one you decide to go with!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I vote for photo sharing sites.

7 years ago, my friend had the disposable cameras and was SO glad she did them because she was able to get the cocktail hour happenings on camera then. She missed the entire thing (and it was eventful/cool) because of her photos.

But I haven't seen them done since that day, and since then, we all got smart phones so I see the photo sharing done exclusively and that's pretty aweome. That's how we got to see our photos on our honeymoon
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • You can build a free Shutterfly share site so everyone can upload pictures.  There are several services that do that...

Be prepared for a low response rate.  We had 30ish family units at our wedding (80 guests) and NONE of them uploaded pictures to the site.  We had some posted to Facebook, but honestly none of the ones we saw were better than our photographers.

The film cameras are a waste of money...  The lighting will be difficult to get a good picture and it will be a waste of money (not to mention a disappointment) when you develop the cameras and most of them are dark, inappropriate and/or not used at all.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Oh hey, those still exist? j/k

• We're going to give Capsule a try. Guests can upload directly from their phone at the reception or do it when they get home. Not counting on it as our main photo source though. We'll have business cards with the info.

• I don't know when I last saw a disposable camera.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • 10 years ago they were great. Now, it is a waste of money!  Save your money, set up the photo sharing site or let people know to just email you the photos. Most people emailed us, a few shared their on our shutterfly account.

Anniversary
  • Oh hey, those still exist? j/k
    This.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Can you even get real film developed anymore?
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    AddieCake said:
    I don't know when I last saw a disposable camera.
    Season 8 episode 2 of Friends.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • My sister did this, but 95% of the pictures taken were crappy, fuzzy, dark, etc.

Not worth it
  • The idea/nostalgia is cute, but that's about it. I will be setting up a photo sharing account for everyone to upload to. Everyone has Facebook, and will probably load lots of pictures on there, but I would love to have them all in one place. Hopefully this works.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards