New York-New York City

Wedding day pictures

I'm getting married in a church in the bronx and then reception at the marina del rey. I was just denied pictures at Bartow Pell mansion and now starting to panic. I want pics at the marina but really wanted a variety. I don't know where to go. I was thinking Pelham bay park but I know it can get super crowded, and I don't want any idiots trying to jump in my pictures. We are also trying to stay close by, so glen island on a Friday is a no go. Any suggestions?

Re: Wedding day pictures

• Isn't there a botanical garden in the Bronx?
  • just got married at marina del rey in april and was in the same dilemma we took our pictures at untermeyer park in yonkers. It was maybe a 15 minute from the park to marina. Enjoy your wedding we had a great time and our guests are still raving about it and all the great food!
  • love the idea of Untermeyer park but I'm considering the hutch on a Friday. We have an hour and a half before cocktail starts after the church ends. Did you have a similar amount of time and make it back for cocktail hour?
  • @cookieD86, try the College of Mt St Vincent. There is a castle, the hudson river, beautiful grounds, fountains, so pretty
  • The botanical garden would be a great idea! 

• Why not City Island? There are so many spots you could use with the water in the background.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards