Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Need Advice - I messed up and now gf and I are in a fight, I was going to propose next week

Hey everyone,

I am new to the boards and just am seeking some female or anyone that would have some advice on what to do.  I have been with my gf for 4 years and we do not fight often.  However, last weekend we got in a fight over something dumb, but it has extended into something that will take a week or so to fix - our schedules are different and it makes it hard to see each other in person until the weekend.  She has told me she needs a few days to cool off and the weekend to think. Well I know that its not something that will cause a break-up, we are very clear on our feelings, but I know that maybe next week is not the best time to propose.

I have spent a good deal of money planning the proposal set-up (rented out a spot that is romantic, etc.).  Should I ditch the plans and wait for another time, or should I go ahead?  I am just concerned that the timing is now off and it wont be as romantic as I have envisioned. Next week is the day that we met, so thats why I wanted it to be then.  We are supposed to go to Greece in the winter, so I guess I could do it then as well.  

Sorry, this was a long way of asking, would you accept a proposal even though you just got over being upset?

Thanks in advance and thanks for reading!

Re: Need Advice - I messed up and now gf and I are in a fight, I was going to propose next week

• Options
    Personally, if I'm not upset then I'm not upset.

I suppose it's hard to tell, since me and my bf weren't in a fight when he proposed, so it's hard to say how I would feel. But he's done other sweet things after we got over disagreements (but unrelated to solving the disagreement).

I think it'd be fine to carry out your plans, so long as you're not using it as a means to solve the issue.
  • Options
    I agree, as long as you're not using the proposal to resolve things, I think you should carry through with your plans.  If you put a lot of time and the planning, it should be evident when she sees it.  Then again that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    When my fiance proposed we were in a similar situation. He went through with it and everything worked out and I said yes. I knew that at the end of the day we were meant for each other. My fiance came to my house ( he lives a distance away) and worked things out with me and then proposed in a romantic very classy way. I hope this has helped you a little and I sincerely wish the best for you two. :D
  • Options
    When my FI proposed we had almost broken up the week before. As long as your feelings still stand and you are not using this to keep her around, i say go with it!

• Options
    This reply is a little late and I hope all is resolved, but FI and I had an enormous fight two nights before he proposed (and I must admit, the blame is mostly on me...long story), but we are happy as clams and are getting married in 72 days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards