May 2014 Weddings

So, how did it all go, ladies?

May has passed, I hope everyone had fantastic wedding days filled with family and friends!

So, how did it all go? 

What was your favorite part? 

Did you have any blips?

Any surprises (good or bad)?

My favorite part is cheesy, but it was definitely getting to look my husband in the eye and say "I do" surrounded by everyone we love.

Our only blip was barely a blip--the restaurant played the cocktail hour playlist again during dinner instead of the dinner playlist we put together. But we would be the only ones who noticed.  And I kinda wish I would have taken a few more photos without my birdcage veil on (it was so light and barely there it didn't occur to me!) but that is so nothing compared to how great everything was. Still glowing!

Re: So, how did it all go, ladies?

• So, how did it all go? 

It went really great. Mine was May 17 and everyone is still talking about it! We had so much fun, but it went by really fast.

I think my favorite part was saying our vows. I swear I had tunnel vision and it was like there wasn't even anyone else there. I started crying and I could hear all my BM's behind me sobbing. It was really sweet.
    Did you have any blips?
    It rained the entire day, but it cleared up right before I walked down the aisle :) Our cake fell over which was our biggest blip. They were able to come back out and get it fixed before the wedding started though. The venue also put the wrong tablecloths on our food tables, but I was able to get that fixed the night before. The cake falling over became the funny story everyone was talking about that night since it looked so good after they fixed it.

No surprises really (other than the cake taking a dive). I spent a whole lot of time and energy making sure that there were no surprises that day because I wasn't sure that I could handle it (I handled the cake thing like a champ though). H's best man did surprise us on our honeymoon though. He had champagne on ice, champagne glasses, and a dozen roses waiting for us in our room when we got there. It was really sweet.
  • dlubertsdluberts member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    May 17th also, it was amazing! Everything turned out beautiful. The sun was shining, it was the perfect temp. It feels like a dream. My favorite part was when i walked out, and my husband seen me for the first time. His smile was so wide and genuine. He was waiting, and couldnt have been any happier at that moment. Leading up to the wedding, our flower delivery was all screwed up. But it was sorted out by friday. The day of my mother and step mother started to tear down our food and decorations halfway through the night. Which really pissed me off. How dare they do that. The explanation was that they thought theyd do it now instead of waiting till later. They were quite selfish, and i got somewhat nasty with them. I was alsO left behind at the salon(my mother just had to leave to get herself ready)so I didn't have anyone there but my photographer to enjoy me getting prettied up. Thankfully she is a friend which made it nicer and she gave me a ride to the venue. No real big suprises. A few family members from out of town that said they couldnt make it ended up being there for the ceremony. My uncle who recently was in a coma, made it. I promised him while he was "napping",thats what he calls it, a special dance if he pulled through and came back to us. So I got to have that dance.
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    It went better than I imagined!  Worth all the hard work!  Rained a bit but nothing that had any effect on taking pictures, so no biggie.  Everyone had such a great time, I've never been so happy and my husband (still so weird to say that) who never even wanted a wedding talks about how great it all turned out.    We had a couple no shows and 1 unexcpted guest (someoen rsvped for 1 even though they where invited with their girlfriend then brought a date! with the no shows it wasn't a big deal)
  • So, how did it all go? 
    Overall, everything went really well! We were a bit late to the ceremony (15 mins or so) but that's because we were taking pictures :)
    The food was amazing, as was the music. Our officiant and photographers were absolutely the best as well.
    Holding my H's hand throughout the ceremony...and our first look! It was really great to see him before the ceremony and it helped to calm me down.
    All week I had been worried about the weather; it was supposed to be low-mid 50s with rain and the weather was actually perfect around 61 degrees.
    Did you have any blips?
    Arriving a bit late, but I didn't care at the time!
    Our venue forgot to cap our bar at the price point that we had set. So, that was an expensive surprise at the end of the night.
    3 people that RSVP'ed never showed up and I still don't know why :/
    Anniversary
  • I'm sad it's over! But, I'm left with a lot to organize and pack up. 

Fav Part- Saying our vows, having by fiance tearing up as I walked down the aisle to him and later dancing the night away. We didn't leave the reception till 12:30am and we danced for hours with all our loved ones. We had so many friends fly in from AK, MN, OR, UT and from around Hawaii- we defiantly felt the love. My fiance said a beautiful speech that I'll never forget. AND, it didn't rain more than a sprinkle, we even had a gorgeous sunset. 

Blips- Where do I begin!?!?! Our photographer didn't get all the shots I had hoped for. Our cake was nothing that we agreed upon- we are getting half our money back, small details at the reception bothered me because I didn't see the set up until our entrance, the emcee announced people by the wrong names, the timeline wasnt followed, some parking and checkin issues, a lot of people didn't get a favor bc they were not handed out at the card table. etc. 

Aside from all the small/large day of issues I've never had a happier evening and I'm still madly in love with my HUSBAND and that's what matters most. I've attached some pics! 
  • So, how did it all go? 

Over all it went well. I can't complain. 

The first drink. Instead of a dance. People seemed super confused about it. lol

Did you have any blips?

We had a few one big one, some small. Everything I couldn't control.

The guests didn't show up on time or even close to it.. They showed up almost an hour late. They were suppose to be there at 5:30pm, Ceremony at 6pm, They arrived at 6:20pm.  This was purely the shuttle companies fault. I am really glad we did photos before hand, we had a sunset ceremony so our time was limited. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kikimira First drink? Sounds fantastic, never heard of this before. how does that work?
  • KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    KayDeee It was fantastic. Hubby can't dance. So we decided to do a first drink instead. We picked a song, and we mixed a drink (on the dance floor) together well the song played. We took our time, enjoyed the drink and cheer's everyone seated. Had some minutes to ourselves and made sure we got 2 drinks into us ASAP. Best decision ever!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • May14TXbrideMay14TXbride member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2014

May 31 bride here. Just got back from honeymoon today.

So, how did it all go? It was really great - don't think I would change a thing. It was an outside wedding, and I had been stressing about the weather - we did have a tent for the reception, but wanted the ceremony outside in front of the cute little outdoor chapel. There were small showers on and off about 3 times earlier in the day, and then another one right before the ceremony was suppose to start. Then, it let up, and was clear and we were able to start right on time because the rain stopped again and never started back up. I LOVED IT!

What was your favorite part? I have to say my favorite part was walking down the aisle to my husband. We did not do a first look, so that was our first time seeing each other that day. Right as I got to the end of the aisle by him, he was wiping his eyes. It was so surreal looking at each other and saying our vows.

Did you have any blips? Our wedding was about an hour from where H and I live, and, about 45 minutes from where I live.  Once we got to the town of the wedding on the day before, H realized he forgot his boots he was suppose to wear at the wedding.  Luckily, our wedding was not until 6:30 the following evening, so he had plenty of time on the wedding day to go get his boots.  On the morning of my wedding, I was leaving the hotel with my sisters to get our hair and my makeup done.  I told my mom I needed my veil (she had my dress and accessories), the look on her face.  She realized she had left my dress at home!  Luckily, my cousin was at my parents house and was able to meet me and bring my dress and veil - crisis averted! 

Any surprises (good or bad)? No major surprises. It was such a great day, wish I could live it all over again!

Edited:  I remembered more stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards