October 2014 Weddings

When am I supposed to get tux rental stuff lined up?

My wedding is 10/12/14 and I have been getting nagged by my mom and FMIL to choose a rental place, and specific things that we want the FI & the GMs to wear so that they can all start getting fitted and whatnot. We know where we will be renting from based on recommendations from friends/family, but we haven't met with them yet.

Is this something I should have done already? It feels way early. It esecially feels too early to be sending the GMs for fittings, but I guess I could be wrong?

Re: When am I supposed to get tux rental stuff lined up?

• Our wedding date is 10/18 and we already set up our rentals in April, and the guys already had to be fitted a month later. There is no wrong time to do it, but early is better than later to me! We just got it out of the way so we didnt have to worry about it down the road.
  • We did ours about three weeks ago. Our wedding is also 10/18/14. We wanted to be sure that all the guys had time to save up and get fitted.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Crap, maybe I am a bit behind then!
  • Our date is 10/3/14 and we haven't done it yet! Partly b/c he was in school and just finished his second year of HVAC program and other part because he is one who likes to do things last minute. I don't really plan on start pressing him until July to be honest b/c its not October is big tux rental month such as May for prom season so you aren't the only one out there whose waited!

• lhodgs2 said:

Our date is 10/3/14 and we haven't done it yet! Partly b/c he was in school and just finished his second year of HVAC program and other part because he is one who likes to do things last minute. I don't really plan on start pressing him until July to be honest b/c its not October is big tux rental month such as May for prom season so you aren't the only one out there whose waited!

Ah, that's true! I didn't really think about that.

I did make an appointment for next week just to pick out what we want. I don't think we will be sending them to get fitted yet, though. I mean, I'm not even starting alterations on my dress until July. Why would rental tuxes need so much longer?
  • Our date is 10/18/14, and my FI hasn't done it yet either. His best man keeps telling me he has it under control, and that he waited until 1 month before his wedding because his weight fluctuated so much! My FI is kinda of the same way with his weight, so I guess it makes sense!? Anyway, there is NO WAY they are waiting until 1 month before, so we settled on early August. I hope it works out. 
  • hkda2003 said:
    Our date is 10/18/14, and my FI hasn't done it yet either. His best man keeps telling me he has it under control, and that he waited until 1 month before his wedding because his weight fluctuated so much! My FI is kinda of the same way with his weight, so I guess it makes sense!? Anyway, there is NO WAY they are waiting until 1 month before, so we settled on early August. I hope it works out. 
    Hahaha, my FI would wait until the WEEK before if i wasn't on top of it!
  • My FI hasnt done it yet either and probably wont til September.....
    Anniversary
  • FI and his boys are going at the end of June...I can't believe how close we are getting!
  • LDay2014 said:
    FI and his boys are going at the end of June...I can't believe how close we are getting!
    I know! It felt so far away last month!
  • My FI is trying to lose weight right now, we both are, but I told him he had better get something by the end of August.  He's buying a suit though, not renting.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    We just set up FI's tux rental today. His groomsmen have til early August to get their measurements submitted and deposits paid so there is still plenty of time.

• It's a good idea to start looking now.  Rental places may offer steep discounts farther out of the big day.  We put down out deposit last year at a bridal show because it was such a good deal.  My dad's tux and two groomsmen's tuxes are free.  Boys have it so easy... sigh!

I went a couple of weeks ago to choose the style of tux my FI liked, but we are ready to go.  We told the boys to have their measurements in by Sept 1 (our wedding is Oct 4).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Our wedding is on 10/17 and I'm hoping to get the tux rented this month. I've had a few people tell me that limos and tuxes can be hard to come by in October because of homecoming. It's a big deal down here in Texas. I'm not sure about the rest of the states.
  • My FI's guys are that say "Oh, the last wedding i was in, i got my tux 2 weeks before. it'll be ok!" ::shakes head::

Our wedding date is 10/26 and I've told FI that the tux shop told me they need all the measurements by 9/1 or there *could* be a rush fee...hehe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're buying suits - I was hoping to wait and get in on a labor day sale (Sept 1) - think I'm pushing it for our Oct 14 wedding???  FI and I are both trying to lose a few lbs.

Anniversary
  • Our wedding is 10/4 and we did tux selections and fittings yesterday. Although, it was suggested to me that my little brother (11yo) not get measured until the beginning of September because he may grow between now and then. 
  • Our wedding is 10/12/14 and we just did our rentals last weekend.  We only ended up doing it then because we had a $40.00 off coupon on every tux rental. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jennhughes13jennhughes13 member
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    I'm happy to hear I'm not the only October bride without tux rentals squared away.  I keep politely mentioning it to my FI who doesn't seem to concerned to get it done anytime soon.  I'm hoping to get them taken care of next weekend!

As a side note, how do you get your trackers to post at the bottom of your comments??? They are so adorable and I want one!

• The sooner the better just to get it out of the way. I am having a 10/12 wedding as well. My FI and I went a few wks ago. I just got the guys sizes and we were in and out within an hr or so of being in the stores. We arent doing the rentals or anything tho. I work for a corp america retailer and get great discounts on dress shirts etc. We are having a rustic diy wedding. The only thing the guys will need to buy are shoes. We bought the pants from izod, dress shirts, ties and suspenders from Van Hesuan. We are giving this as a gift to the groomsmen.  
  • Sk1015Sk1015 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    My FI and his guys are going next month. Tux's arent a hard to come by item especially for rentals. The boys are renting from Mens Wearhouse and getting the Vera Wang Black tux's...The people in the store said that because those are one of the more expensive tux's they don anticipate it selling out.
  • bessalex said:
    The sooner the better just to get it out of the way. I am having a 10/12 wedding as well. My FI and I went a few wks ago. I just got the guys sizes and we were in and out within an hr or so of being in the stores. We arent doing the rentals or anything tho. I work for a corp america retailer and get great discounts on dress shirts etc. We are having a rustic diy wedding. The only thing the guys will need to buy are shoes. We bought the pants from izod, dress shirts, ties and suspenders from Van Hesuan. We are giving this as a gift to the groomsmen.  
    Um. The uniforms that you are requiring that they wear for your wedding do not count as a "gift".
  • FI won't be getting his suit until a few weeks before the wedding because he's confident he'll find something at his uncle's formal wear store...if he doesn't find something, he has a suit in his closet he can wear.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI's brother (and BM) lives out of province, but is home for a month right now.  The two of them are going next month to pick out what they're wearing and get fitted.  The other two GM will send their measurements in (one lives out of country and the other works insane hours and will likely not be able to make the trip to the city).  Our wedding is 10/18.  It was most important for BIL to be able to have a say in what they're wearing, as he's more than a little GQ :)
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • We're getting married 10/25 and we picked the tuxes a couple of weekends ago.  We had stopped in back in April I believe just to look around and she said to come back in June (after prom season).  So we did and everyone is all measured (except for FI's dad...I believe he's supposed to go this weekend).  I'm glad we went where we did though, she gave us a really great price ($108.00 and it includes shoes and all the accessories) and also gave me a $50 coupon for my dress preservation.  I'm just glad that it's another thing off of our plate.  It's all on when you feel like going.  I don't think there's any rush for it. :o)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards