October 2014 Weddings

Something Blue

Is anyone doing something blue, something borrowed, something new, something old?

Re: Something Blue

• Yep! Are you? What are you doing for each?
  • I've seen threads about this on the tech board, a lot of brides said it glitched and didn't record all the RSVPs
  • Yep! I also plan to get all of my "somethings" in a picture together as a keepsake.  My shoes are blue (blue), my mother is giving me a handkerchief she received on her wedding day (old), my dress (new), and my sister-in-law is loaning me crystals for my hair (borrowed). :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • My shoes are also blue. I'm borrowing a ring from my future MIL. My something old is my great grandmothers clutch bag, which is perfect! And my something new is pretty much everything else. 

• My old is a pair of earrings that I have had for years and love, new is up in the air but is probably my dress or shoes (although both are vintage so are really just new to me), borrowed is a brooch that belonged to my grandmother that I am borrowing from my mother and a jacket I am borrowing from my sister, blue is my necklace.
  • old - My nanas family ring that she gave me.

New - everything Im wearing down to the undergarments

Borrowed - My moms pearl bracelet that my stepdad gave her for their wedding

Blue - My tattoo on my foot that my FMIL noticed when we went dress shopping. It will be noticed as my dress is tea length

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dress and shoes are both new and blue and my SIL is going to lend me some gorgeous vintage jewelry, (that is also blue) so that's my borrowed and old.
    Anniversary
  • Wow these are all great! I have no clue what mine will be but you all have given me some great ideas!! I will have to talk to my mom and see what we can come up with!
  • Old - not sure
    New - my dress
    Borrowed - I would like to borrow my grandmother's wedding ring and wear it on my right hand if my mom will let me.
    Blue - Probably shoes, if not the 'I Do' stickers I ordered are blue AND the sixpence I ordered is attached to a blue ribbon with a aquamarine bead that I intend to wear on my ankle.

Anniversary
  • I have new and blue, but I don't really have anything that's old or that I want to borrow. Like, I could borrow a piece of my mother's jewelry, but I don't really want to. :/ So I might just forgo this tradition.
  • PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    Old: Using my grandmother's necklace, repurposed into a headband. New: dress, earrings Borrowed: Not sure yet...maybe a bracelet from someone? my SIL had almost the same exact earrings I bought for mine for her wedding, but I don't feel comfortable borrowing hers even though my FMIL suggested I do that. I am just not that close with her. Blue: shoes
  • Old- a ring my parents bought me for my 13th birthday ( wear on right hand)
    New- dress, veil, shoes
    Borrowed- a necklace my dad have my mom when they were dating (wire in bouquet)
    Blue- wedding date and maybe our initials embroided somewhere on my dress
  • kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Old: great grandma's pearls
    New: dress
    Borrowed: grandma's bible
    Blue: date stitched into dress
  • Old - Grandma's ring

New - Dress

Borrowed - Grandma's hankie

Blue - Blue Topaz bracelet FI gave me for my birthday last year

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrscomposermrscomposer member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2014
    Old: mom's veil New: dress Borrowed: mom's necklace and nana's earrings Blue: sparkly shoes!
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards