Wedding Woes
Options

NolaBM

You had a colonoscopy right?  How were you feeling after the procedure?  How long before I could take care of kids?

Re: NolaBM

• Options

I had the scope procedure on the top end and not the bottom end. Sorry

The top end was fine. A bit of a sore throat, but that was all.

• Options
    6, one of the older ladies at work here had one and she just took the day.  Said most of the day was a fog, so probably no taking care of kids that day.  After that she was fine.

She did complain about the prep leading up to the procedure.  Didn't Thistletwat have a lot of these?  Maybe ask her on FB.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I had one at least once (maybe twice)--it was pre kids, but I was back at work a day or 2 after.  I got back home before noon, slept all day/night, and from what I remember (it was a few years ago), was OK the next AM.

The prep, however, was indeed hell.  If you can't parent from the bathroom and you ahve to be up and after kids, I'd say that this was actually worse than the post-soreness.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

Ok.  My mom is coming late afternoon the day BEFORE because of the prep.  She'll spend the night and watch kids during the procedure.  DH is taking me then going back to work.  My mom will stay the rest of the day.

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    That sounds like a plan. I was super exhausted after, but that was more the meds to knock me out than the procedure itself. But I know that what knocks someone on their ass is unpredictable. Words of unnecessary advice you are free to ignore: Buy whatever will be helpful for prep and after. So if you don't have one of the doughnuts to sit on, consider buying one. Buy stock in medicated wipes--have extra of this stuff, it's useful to have. Just buy more tucks than you should ever need and possibly some peri bottles. (and stock up on cosmo or your brainless reading material of choice) Have as many of the allowed prep foods (clear broth, gatoade, popsicles [only certain colors are banned], coffee [w/o cream it's considered a clear liquid by my doc], etc) on hand, because I'm always starving when they forbid my food--so make a special effort to have things that are more 'solid'--like jello. I thought it helped my stomach not hate me so much. (and keep in mind the day or 2 before you start the prep that whatever you eat is going to be set on fire and exit your body rapidly when you prep--so, no taco bell--pick things that aren't horrid for that--and don't let people cook super smelly tasty food you can't eat.) Have lots of ice, because the colder the stuff you have to drink is, the easier it is to chug, IME. (some people swear by using straws so you taste it less. whatever works)
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    theknot ate my paragraphs. sorry.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

Thanks GB.  She said coffee was good but no cream or sugar.  Artificial sweetners are ok though.  She said they normally forbid red drinks, but it would be ok if I had it.  DH came up with the soft wipe idea too.

I will not make the mistake of having chili dogs before this.  You know this dumbass did that RIGHT AFTER gallbladder surgery because nobody told me otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards