Wedding Woes

Things

1. Barbie's post about the Duggars has sent me down a rabbit hole and now I'm reading all sorts of articles on them.  I've never watched an episode of the show, but they've always fascinated me.  

2. DH said that yesterday went really well and he's happy he decided to take this job.  He definitely sounded more relaxed than he has in about 2 weeks.  ::sigh of relief:: 

3. Hertz rental car is utterly ridic.  Yesterday, DH mentioned to his HR manager that he had to put the rental car on our card and asked if there's any way a corporate card could be used.  They tried to change it over the phone and Hertz said they had to go to the aiport.  They (DH, coworker, Ops manager) get to the airport and have to *return* the car and switch over the payment for the one day.  Then they ask for a new car and the lady at the counter says, "We don't do reservations here! You'll have to call."  The Ops Manager pulls out his phone and reserves a car on their app and then walks up to the counter and asks for his car.  They had to switch cars.  That ::waves hand:: is a bag of WTF.   And of course, the hold hasn't been released from my account.  Hopefully tomorrow. 

4. I heard from the dealership yesterday.  They said the battery was dead.  But DH talked to them and they said replacing the batter still didn't do anything.  I'm trying really, really hard to not think about what's wrong and/or the $$ involved. 

5. We have a list of 10 existing homes and one under construction to go see on Saturday.  EEEE!!  ;) 

Re: Things

• GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Duggar rabbit holes are amazeballs.  Consider getting sucked into the ATI rabbit holes because of the recent scandal w/ pervoematic, Bill Gothard.  Vision Forum/Doug Phillips also had one recently, so creepy people are cleary creepy.

YAY for job.  and for home tours :)
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    1.  Can you give a synopsis for a time challenged individual? 

2.  That's great, CONN.  *phew*  I'm sure for him it just makes him more comfortable and you can tie  a bow around that whole situation.

3.  That is the stupidest crap ever.  THOUGH, I'm sure there are manymanmany instances of other situations close to that for companies similar.  No common sense, whatsoever. 

4.  WEIRD.  Alternator?  I'm sure they're figuring it out, hopefully you don't have to pay all the crazy diagnostic fees.

5.  OOh baby, that's exciting!  *rubbing hands together*

My own:

1.  Is it bad form to download a job app while at your current job?  *don't care*

2.  I have pink hairs, I've had them for almost 2 weeks.  My mom told me it wasn't "project manager" hair.  Whatever.  H also doesn't like it, but I only know this because I made him tell me.

3.  H is also growing a mustache until his certification (next Tuesday).  Not sure if I like it or not, but being I see him maybe 2 days a week...*shrug*

• 6fsn6fsn member
    Car stuff sucks, but I'm glad he likes the new job.
  • O- DH printed, filled out, and faxed all of his new job information from his old job.  ;) 

I've been toying with doing a purple or pink streak in mah hairs.  

I only like a mustache with a beard.  Mustaches on their own creep me out.  I used to be on the fence about DH's facial hair (he does look so cute and baby-faced clean-shaven), but I have grown attached to his lumber jack look.  ;) 
  • 0Face0Face member
    H can't have a beard, only a mustache. And at that...I don't think he even likes his mustache.
  • This place is so conservative I worried when I did the black hair with the blue sheen that you could only see in the sun.  Not that I would wish this on anyone, but there's an old white man vanguard here that I'm ready to have retire out.

DH isn't allowed to go w/out facial hair.  He looks funny.  :)  Though I wish he kept his trimmed more like he used to.  

We were eating vegan pretty regularly here for awhile.  We've had to fall off the wagon a bit when it comes to meal planning.  My system is a wreck now.  Kind of makes you realize how gross most of the food that you're eating really is.
  • Varuna, DH grew an epic beard when he was on medical leave last year.  I was so glad when he trimmed it up to go back to work.  
  • 1) I binge watch the Duggars - it's a complete trainwreck and completely fascinating. Like @GBCK said in the other post, I'm waiting for one to defect and all hell to break lose. It looked like it might be Ginger, but based on some of the recent episodes, she's been drinking the Kool Aid. Now I'm thinking Johannah since she seems like more of a tomboy, but at 8ish? they still have a lot of time to brainwash her. One thing I find fascinating is that MIchelle is a complete hypocrite - she used to be a relatively normal teenager before she married Jim Bob. 

2) glad Mr. Conn is liking his new job

also, yay for house stuff!

my things: 
    1) I'm a little frustrated with the diet and exercise. As of today, I'm up .9lbs from last Wednesday. I've worked out every day since then, and have been tracking calories (I'm at a deficit of ~1000 or more calories per day, which should result in a weight loss of about 2lbs/week).  I'm going on a business trip Sun-Fri, next week, with weigh-in right after I get back. I've got a small cushion on my round #2 goal for DietBet, and was hoping to build more of one before the trip (since it's a little harder to eat healthy and work out on the road.) I've been eating right, so the only thing I can think is this is hormonal/water weight, or I'm building some muscle. I have to ask the trainer to use the body composition analyzer to see if that's what's going on. 

2) if anybody has any tips to help with #1, I'm willing to try them. I've been doing a mix of circuit training/boot camp, yoga, pilates, T25 and zumba, and using my fitbit to track steps, calories, sleep, etc. I haven't been lifting weights regularly, but I've been using hand weights/resistance bands and doing a lot of bodyweight exercises through my classes and T25. 

• also re: calorie counting - I'm not starving myself to get the 1K deficit - I'm eating an average of 1500/day. 
  • Are you tracking anything like sodium, soy protein, dairy, sugary, or gluten?  Depending on your body chemistry any of those could be causing an issue that can slow down metabolism, cause bloat, etc., that could be slowing down your loss.  

I've recently discovered, and had to admit, that dairy is no longer an option for me. It causes some serious bloating, wrecks my system and some other side effects that just aren't worth it.  Diary cheese isn't even a pleasure anymore b/c of this; I've switched to nut cheeses.  They're not the same, but tasty in their own right and don't cause the issues.

• 0Face0Face member
    1.  My suggestion is to eat more.  Even if for just a few days....to shake things up or maybe play with your macros.  If you're that active, you might need a bit more nutrition for a few days just to catch up.

This whole "battle" sucks, it's a "why!?!" type of deal.
  • 6fsn6fsn member

I like the way DH looks with facial hair.  I do not like to kiss the facial hair.

I'm done with reselling for the season.  I was hoping to make enough to by M2 a bike.  I made $104 at the garage sale.  I've made close to another $200 selling things on facebook.  I just took the last bits to Once Upon a Child for another $33. What didn't sell got dropped at the local Free Store. 

On weight loss:  I am still fb friends with the woman that dumped me.  She started Zumba and eating better in January.  She says that's all she's doing. She's probably lost 80 lbs.  I think there is something else.

• 0Face0Face member
    WOW, 80lbs since January. I mean, if that's really all just diet and exercise, that's amazing. But if it's not...uh oh.
  • 80lbs in 6 months sounds like my co-worker that got a gastric band in late December. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    Are you tracking anything like sodium, soy protein, dairy, sugary, or gluten?  Depending on your body chemistry any of those could be causing an issue that can slow down metabolism, cause bloat, etc., that could be slowing down your loss.  

I've recently discovered, and had to admit, that dairy is no longer an option for me. It causes some serious bloating, wrecks my system and some other side effects that just aren't worth it.  Diary cheese isn't even a pleasure anymore b/c of this; I've switched to nut cheeses.  They're not the same, but tasty in their own right and don't cause the issues.

I'm so late here, but LSS, both times I've had GD, I had to swear off milk because the lactose would make my blood sugar spike.  (Yogurt and cheese were okay, I guess the lactose fermented in yogurt and whatevered with cheese.)  After DS was born and my blood sugar was normal again, I had lost my ability to digest lactose--it was the weirdest thing.  I eventually got it back, but only after cutting back and easing back into it, and some TMI issues.
  • I've wondered about yogurt, especially since I like to use the Activa greek yogurt, AF. 

Cheese is a no-go for me, b/c TMI issues.  :D  I didn't even have that much (it was maybe 2 ounces, just some of the small pre-sliced cheese on a party tray) and I was in agony.  I don't think my stomach has ever hurt so badly, ever.
  • ftrMrs0 said:
    1.  My suggestion is to eat more.  Even if for just a few days....to shake things up or maybe play with your macros.  If you're that active, you might need a bit more nutrition for a few days just to catch up.

This whole "battle" sucks, it's a "why!?!" type of deal.

SITB
    As someone with degrees in exercise physiology and nutrition, I second this.  Sounds crazy, but if you're super active and not eating enough calories to maintain your activity level, your body can actually lower your resting metabolic rate to conserve energy.  Protection mechanism from the caveman days.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards