October 2015 Weddings
Options

Intro

Hi All! I wanted to introduce myself and say congrats to all you ladies on your engagement as well! 

My name is Jordan and I'm 24. My FI and I have been dating for a little over 2 years and welcomed our little girl into the world on January 22 of this year. 
It has been so much fun to watch her grow and learn.. she is a little over 4 months now and I already can't believe how big she is getting! 

We live in AZ and will be having our wedding here. FI is originally from KS so we will have a lot of out of town guests coming. 
We haven't really finalized anything yet, just started on a guest list.. not sure if we are behind or not but I figured we have plenty of time. 
We are going to try and do a lot of DIY things to help with our budget. 

Anyways, I'm excited to get to know all of you. 

Happy Planning! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Intro

• Options
    I'm a budget bride too! It makes it very stressful trying to stay under a set budget but I know I can make it happen!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It is stressful! We will definitely have to share our tips and tricks as we come across them! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yes, absolutley. In order to save money we have picked a venue that allows us to bring in out own catering and alcohol. That alone saved us a bunch becuase we have friends of the family that do BBQ catering on the side. We are in MI so we are close to Canada and they sell alcohol much cheaper (I hear) so I am looking at ways to buy in bulk and save money. I even began couponing to save on our grocery bills.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are planning on bringing in our own catering and alcohol because it saves so much money! We also have some connections to get it for a lot cheaper price... the only problem I am having is finding a venue that will allow us to do that. We are in AZ (Scottsdale Specifically) and a lot of places require you to use one of their approved catering. I haven't began couponing but I probably should start, we have a 4 month old so it would probably help save a lot on her formula/diapers/etc. The one thing that I have started doing is on Sunday's I plan out all our meals for dinner and make a list of all the ingredients. Then I cross off the things we already have and I'm left with my grocery list. I feel like I save way more because I'm not just buying things that I think we will use when really we wouldn't. Then I just pick up a few extra things I would use for our lunches to take to work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Very smart! Yeah, I somehow stumbeled upon my venue on facebook even after searching for a while and not being able to find it. Keep your head up! You'll find the perfect place!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards