Knottie Tech Help

How do the points work??

I know this is a silly thing to be concerned about - but I'm really just curious??

How do they work?? I literally know nothing about them (The points on each persons profile . . . just incase) . . . . 

Where do they come from? How much is each 'thing' worth?? 

Thanks!
                                Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: How do the points work??

• Yes, they are for unicorn purchases.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Awesome! Thanks guys!! 

I'm gonna work towards that Unicorn then. . . . . . 

• Get busy!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • edited June 2014
    Um. I get a unicorn? HOW MANY POINTS DO I NEED FOR A UNICORN?

Sorry if I'm pulling up a zombie thread, I dunno what the criteria are for zombie threads, but I am legitimately curious why they give us points for stuff. I did a search and I think I understand why I have the number of points I have (I commented A number of times and got B number of love its, but I have X number of flags and Y number of abuse points, so I have M number of points total, or something like that). But if we have, say, a certain number of points, do they give us something IRL? Like, is 15,000,000 points enough to get a pack of free monogrammed cocktail napkins or something?

I guess what I'm wondering is whether I need to worry about how many points I accrue (like Chuck E. Cheese tickets) or if they're essentially an online-only behavior control method.
  • The unicorn is for real, yo.
  • I actually got my pink unicorn (well DD did). Neener neener.
  • Wait - now I'm curious - how do you know if you have flags or abuse points???

• LabLove86 said:
    Wait - now I'm curious - how do you know if you have flags or abuse points???

You don't. They took that down awhile ago unfortunately. It was fun seeing what you were flagged for.
  • LabLove86 said:
    Wait - now I'm curious - how do you know if you have flags or abuse points???

You don't. They took that down awhile ago unfortunately. It was fun seeing what you were flagged for.
    Well that sucks - I wanna see what I was flagged for!! Did it tell you who flagged you too?!

• Yes, it told you who flagged you. And it was usually newbs you had disagreed with.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    Here's a link to a thread about the kinds of shit they were flagging us for if you're interested. http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/982582/free-erotic-massages/p1
  • Um. I cannot decide if the fact that it's titled Free Erotic Massages is hilarious or skeevy.

At what NUMBER can I look forward to my unicorn's arrival? Generally?
  • Seductive titles is how we were building up activity on the Snarky Brides board. That and a creeper van that I made, which you will now see around from time to time repurposed as my way of telling people they have a bad idea. As for the number of points you need for unicorn attainment.......well......that is one of the great mysteries of life. But you must BELIEVE!
  • Oh I believe! I can't wait for the day!!!

Are you the only one driving the van? Is it frowned upon if someone puts up a van?? 

I personally don't like to drive vans, Im just curious.

• Yes, I'm the only one driving the van.
  • I'm holding out for a pegasus, personally.  Fingers crossed it happens sooner rather than later!

• Found a combo. Will you share?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards