New York-Hudson Valley

REASONABLE PRICE FOR A BIG WEDDING IN NY! HELP!!

I just got engaged in April.  My fiancé and I have a 300 person guest list.  We both have huge families, extended families, co-workers, and friends.  We're hoping that it will end up being that only 250 people RSVP 'yes' BUT it's a flexible number so we want to find a venue that fits our mock size.  I have had a lot of trouble finding a place where we get a good bang for our buck but at the same time fits our size party.  I need HELP! I can't afford a wedding planner.  I've only been doing research online.  The first information I look at is the capacity (for a seated dinner with dancing) and then the average price per person.  We have to stay within the $150-170 per person price range or lower.  The cheaper the better.  We would also like to stay in either Westchester County (preferably southern Westchester), Manhattan or Queens (MAYBE even the Bronx).  IF we choose a Manhattan location we would need to have a good parking situation for people driving in from Westchester and the Bronx.  Our biggest requirement is that the food is good!  We are both foodies and come from large foodie families.  

All of these requirements make it all seem impossible! This has been the most stressful part of this whole experience! PLEASE HELP!!! ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!! 

Re: REASONABLE PRICE FOR A BIG WEDDING IN NY! HELP!!

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Good Luck.  I went to a wedding that had a 400 person guest list (only 25 didn't show) and it was in Brooklyn at Grand Prospect Hall.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Is Connecticut an option in any way?

If so, I think the Amber Room Colonnade in Danbury would fit your criteria, definitely.
  • I agree with @Jasmine&Rajah  check out Connecticut.  Not only will be (a bit) cheaper but you will be paying CT taxes which will save you a lot of money as well.

Good luck and Let us know.
  • Check out Greentree Country Club, we also have a 250-300 guest list and they gave us a really good price for our October 2015 wedding. 

We didn't pick it yet since we have 2 more visiting but so far this is our favorite. So if the next two do not deliver then we will deff go with Greentree. 

• You should check out VIP country club, Greentree country club, villa barone, pelham bay and split rock, golf course and marina del rey located in the Bronx. Terrace on the park 85pp this venue located in Queens
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards