Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Opening Shower Gifts Before Shower?

Hi All,
My shower is in a few weeks and I have received gifts delivered to my house from the places I registered.  I haven't been able to find a clear answer about whether or not I am supposed to open these gifts before the shower so that I can write a thank you note right away instead of waiting?  If they are from someone who cannot attend I assume I write a note right away, but if it is from someone who is going to attend the shower I am a little confused.  Do I bring the gift with me to the shower?  The only way I can know who they are from is if I open them, so what is the right thing to do?

Re: Opening Shower Gifts Before Shower?

• Options
    I personally assume of someone is attending the shower they would not ship the gift to your home before the event. I believe you are OK to open and write thank you gifts.

If you want to be safe, check with the hostess and see if any of the gifts you received are from guests who are attending. The gifts may also have notes attached I.e. "sorry I couldn't make it, happy shower"

Anniversary
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    I personally assume of someone is attending the shower they would not ship the gift to your home before the event. I believe you are OK to open and write thank you gifts. If you want to be safe, check with the hostess and see if any of the gifts you received are from guests who are attending. The gifts may also have notes attached I.e. "sorry I couldn't make it, happy shower"
    This. I received a few gifts before the shower and I asked my MOH. But, I didn't open any of them at the shower and a friend took a picture of me opening all the gifts at the shower so I was able to send a picture of me opening the gift with the thank you card to the people who didn't come.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    IMHP if I ship the gift to you I do not expect you to carry it tot he shower just to open it. If I wanted you to open it as the shower I would ship it to the hostess as I would have her contact info from the invite.

These might be wedding gifts, not shower gifts. If it does not specifically say SHOWER then you should thank them for the gift, but not mention the shower. If they sent your wedding present and you thanked them for a shower gift it could be awkward and look ungrateful - inadvertently of course.

Open them now and send a thank you note immediately :) GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Ditto @photokitty.

Open them now and write a thank you note, but do not specifically mention the shower because it may be a wedding present.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you all! I will open them and write the notes ASAP
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards