Wedding Woes
Options

Kids & Plus Ones

edited June 2014 in Wedding Woes
I am getting married soon and I only intended on inviting children that are part of the wedding party (three boys). It is a non-issue with most of my others guests because most of them don't have children and the ones that do will not bring them. The dilemma is this: my brother recently got married and I wanted to invite his new in-laws to the wedding, mother- and father-in-law, as well as his sister-in-law. His sister-in-law's children are not well-behaved and at his recent wedding, they cried, screamed and acted up the entire night and I do not wish to have them there because of this. My brother's wife has a child from a previous marriage and he is going to be part of the wedding and I feel like the sister-in-law will assume her children are invited because of this. Also, I am pretty sure a baby sitter is out of the question for her. How can I politely let her know that her that her children are not invited without offending any of the in-laws?

Also, on the same note, some of my single friends have expressed to me that they plan on bringing a date to my wedding. I don't want strangers at my wedding (for personal and financial reasons) and I only intended on allowing guests in a relationship, engaged, or married bring their significant other with them. What is the best way to handle this?

Re: Kids & Plus Ones

• Options
    I am getting married soon and I only intended on inviting children that are part of the wedding party (three boys). It is a non-issue with most of my others guests because most of them don't have children and the ones that do will not bring them. The dilemma is this: my brother recently got married and I wanted to invite his new in-laws to the wedding, mother- and father-in-law, as well as his sister-in-law. His sister-in-law's children are not well-behaved and at his recent wedding, they cried and screamed the entire night and I do not wish to have them there because of this. My brother's wife has a child from a previous marriage and he is actually going to be a ring bearer and I feel like the sister-in-law will assume her children are invited because of this. Also, I am pretty sure a baby sitter is out of the question for her. How can I politely let her know that her that her children are not invited without offending any of the in-laws?

Also, on the same note, some of my single friends have expressed to me that they plan on bringing a date to my wedding. I don't want strangers at my wedding (for personal and financial reasons) and I only intended on allowing guests in a relationship, engaged, or married bring their significant other with them. What is the best way to handle this?
    For both issues, simply address who is invited on the invitation.  If anyone RSVPs and includes people who were not invited then you will need to call them up and tell them that the invitation was just for X and that you will not be able to accommodate their additions.  You do not have to give them a reason why and you do not need to explain yourself.  Just keep repeating "I'm sorry but we cannot accommodate them" over and over until they stop asking why.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards