September 2014 Weddings

What is your fiance' wearing?

lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited April 2014 in September 2014 Weddings
What is your fiance' going to be wearing? Since we are having a beach wedding, mine will be in a white button down shirt with rolled up sleeves, and a light gray vest and light gray pants. He will then have a boutonniere that is a pale yellow Hawaiian flower and with a seafoam green ribbon.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What is your fiance' wearing?

• Boutineers are kind of awkward on a vest, they are meant to go on a jacket. Have you thought of skipping them? My FI is wearing similar except dark- grey pants, grey vest, grey shirt with sleeves rolled and black tie, no flower. I keep trying to attach picture and it's being dumb and not letting me, I'll try later lol

• Here's the pic lol

• HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    My FI is wearing a traditional black tux, with white shirt, the rest of the GM are wearing charcoal gray tuxes with vests/ties that match the girl's dresses.  The dads will also be in traditional black, white shirts & black ties.  

I was very freaked out choosing FI's vest/tie color.  I had a large swatch of my dress, but was so stressed that it would be the wrong choice and on the day of, if would make his vest/tie combo look more yellow than ivory or it would make my dress look too yellow instead of the light ivory that it is.  If that was the case, it would reduce me to tears the day of.  Yes, this is one of the few things that has caused me major stress.  Plus my FI is very fair, I don't think the whole ivory on ivory on ivory would be a good look for him.  The end result: Black tux, black vest & his tie will match the color of the girl's dresses.  Of course I'm not completely convinced that it is the right color either to match the girl's dresses, based on the tiny swatch I had.  Luckily it is Men's Warehouse, so I have up until a week before the wedding to change my mind.  So as soon as the girls start getting alterations done, I'm going to get a larger swatch to take back to the store & double check my choice.
  • We're doing grey (don't know if they'll be a medium shade or charcoal) suits, buying not renting. Aqua ties that we bought for them. FI may wear a 3-piece suit.

• Grey tux or suit (whichever he prefers).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just went yesterday to look at options.  We will probably just do black suit with a colored tie (the tie will be part of groomsmen gifts). Although I like the idea of the groom having a distinct look (e.g. having a vest or different tie). Not sure about flowers yet.
  • we're doing gray pants, white shirts, suspenders and bowties, with a small boutonniere of lavender
  • FI is wearing gray slim fit pants and a white dress shirt.  He isn't sure if he will be wearing suspenders and a bowtie or a gray vest that matches his pants. All the guys including FI are wearing TOMS.
    Anniversary

• Dark Grey suit with white vest!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • FI is wearing a charcoal suit, white shirt and either a green or navy blue tie. We're buying his suit instead of renting as he needs a nice one for work anyway.
  • Gray pants and jacket (light-medium gray) with a white shirt and mint bowties. We decided to skip the vest because FI wants him and all the guys to look James Bond-esque lol
  • FI bought a new black suit and hasn't chosen a tie yet. We don't have "colors" per se (black bm dresses, white flowers), so he's probably going to go with something in the gray palette.  

• Well originally birthday suits were floated around but that got vetoed so they are going to go with some sort of tux/suit thing. I am not to be in the know.

• KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Three piece suit, yellow tie, brown shoes.
  • Steel grey suit from Geno's tux rental. No pockets square, probably a different tie.
  • Light gray suit, white button down, cranberry tie and boutinere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards