September 2014 Weddings

3 months out-- how's it going?

Alikat9614Alikat9614 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2014 in September 2014 Weddings
So, we are at the 3 month mark (or less--79 days!). How is everything going for you ladies? We are still trying to nail down a cake baker. One fell through recently and another had disgusting tasting cakes! We have a meeting with a relatively new business next week, so hopefully they taste good (she has quoted us an insanely good price!) We have to start making our table numbers still, and I plan on double checking some addresses and then begin addressing invites this week to send them out the first or second week of July. I *think* I found a seamstress to hem my dress, so I need to set up an appointment. Anyone freaking out about anything yet? So far, so good here on that front!

Re: 3 months out-- how's it going?

• Our original officiant dropped out and we have yet to find someone...so I'm freaking out a little about that. Aside from that glitch, everything else has been smooth. I take my dress in for alterations in August. Everything else is pretty much done except for the final seating arrangements (which we can't do until a couple weeks before the wedding), programs, and mailing out our invitations, which we will do next weekend.
    Anniversary

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    @acolotti012 For our ceremony music, we have a violinist who is also a member of the band we hired for the reception. He won't be playing the prelude music but will be doing the processional songs.
    Anniversary

• Well, we decided to find a DJ because the sound system we were promised is basically not capable of playing music very well. So I'm scrambling to find one in our budget. I'm talking to a few right now so hopefully one can work with on our budget. I know we could be okay without one but, it irks me how much our venue lied about how "good" their system was and I wish I was insistent on using it more. Oh well, it's more or less our fault for going by their word. Live and learn!

Other than that, everything else is going great! I'm working on our invites now. I plan on sending them out exactly 8 weeks out. Maybe sooner because my patient pants do not seem to fit. ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    Couggal12 said:
    Well, we decided to find a DJ because the sound system we were promised is basically not capable of playing music very well. So I'm scrambling to find one in our budget. I'm talking to a few right now so hopefully one can work with on our budget. I know we could be okay without one but, it irks me how much our venue lied about how "good" their system was and I wish I was insistent on using it more. Oh well, it's more or less our fault for going by their word. Live and learn!

Other than that, everything else is going great! I'm working on our invites now. I plan on sending them out exactly 8 weeks out. Maybe sooner because my patient pants do not seem to fit. ;)
    @Couggal12 My patient pants are awfully tight on me as well :) I figured I'd send our invites out on the 28th, that way everyone would start to get them that first week in July. Plus, since that first Friday is a holiday, it gives it some extra time since the PO won't be open on Friday and possibly running slower on Saturday. So my pants just have to be a little snug for one more week!
    Anniversary

• I’m a big planner, so when he proposed in April, I got most of everything booked within the first 2 weeks. I also created a planner book that has info on each category (cake, vendor, food, hair, makeup, dress, dj, etc) in plastic folders with: contact info, receipts of payment, details, samples, etc. That is what kept me SANE. As of now, we only have the other half of our honeymoon to pay for, my fiancé’s passport to get, and the other half of the food/alcohol to pay for. Very close. My house looks like I just moved in with all the boxes full of wedding stuff stacked up in our bedroom..haha! Sept 6th can’t come soon enough!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The waiting is agonizing. 

I'm getting invitations ready to go... sending a little early because there are some out of towners who didn't get save the dates (didn't have addresses in time) and I just can't wait. And I just know summer is a tricky time to remember to RSVP so I want to give people plenty of time between holidays and vacations and back to school.

I got an invitation to my shower yesterday! I guess the other ones went out too but my sister forgot to invite me, lol. One thrown by my 2 sisters, the other by my 3 FSILs and FMIL. Much excite.

Still figuring out the veil situation... and slightly rethinking my shoes. But we'll see. The rest... tick... tock...

• @severmillli12 Our original choice was the pastor at my FI's church. The week after Christmas, his grandmother received a letter that he would be leaving the church 2 weeks later. FI had to call him a bunch of times before he finally got him to answer, and the pastor pretty much said "I won't know until the first week of September if I'll be around to do it. Is that ok?" UMM, NO! So now our very dear friend (who is a JOP) will be marrying us. In the church. Yup. Best of luck finding a new officiant!

@acolloti012  I'm glad we aren't the only ones without a cake baker yet! I don't know why we waited so long, but it's killing me that we don't have our appointment with our prospective baker until next week. I just want to put the deposit down already!

@lolo883  I just bought 2 new pairs of shoes this week... I decided to go with flats, since my FI is only about 2 inches taller than me. Luckily they were both under $15/pair! 

Come on September!!!
  • I love my original shoes, and my FI is about 6" taller than me so the height isn't an issue... but I had to buy them a size too big because that's all that was left in stock. I thought if I put enough insoles in them they'd fit AND be comfy, but they keep slipping off my heel (despite the sticky heel liner thing) and I foresee myself totally biting it.

• I'm way behind with my planning.. We didn't decide we were going to get married Sept. 13th until really the first week of this month. I don't have a dress yet, I have some decorations, some flowers and little things but most of the big stuff I'm still working on getting. Me and my mom are supposed to go out shopping tomorrow to try to get some stuff for the wedding, so we will see where that takes us..... As long as she isn't trying to cram a dress I absolutely hate down my throat I will be fine.
  • skweeky said:

I'm way behind with my planning.. We didn't decide we were going to get married Sept. 13th until really the first week of this month. I don't have a dress yet, I have some decorations, some flowers and little things but most of the big stuff I'm still working on getting. Me and my mom are supposed to go out shopping tomorrow to try to get some stuff for the wedding, so we will see where that takes us..... As long as she isn't trying to cram a dress I absolutely hate down my throat I will be fine.

I'm with you. We only just set a date this month. I have my dress and alot of other things done. Baker is booked. We are going down ti finalize everything and make the final payments to our officant and venue this Wednesday. (Eek!) Still debating on the DJ. FI is legally considered deaf although he does have some hearing in one ear, and all his family signs. So the whole music decision is still in limbo.

After that my next big to do is the florist. Its so hard to find one who is available near my venue location. Not too much of a need for florists on a ranch on edge of a huge state park.
  • I have a wonderful wedding planner churning out the details. My biggest concern has been making sure the bridesmaids are on their p's and q's...., i.e. dresses and shoes. I feel like I bother them, but I am just double and triple checking it all. And since we are living in Chicago and the wedding is in New Orleans, I am just thinking about all of the nuts and bolts of executing a seamless day...
  • HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I officially freaked out over the weekend.  We attended a wedding on Friday & that is when I had the "oh shit, we're next" moment.  I realized all that was happening was going to be us in a few short months.  I hadn't been so stressed, because everything that needs to be booked is booked, just need to figure out a little more about shuttle runs to/from venue.  We also have to have our tasting & set the menu.  But when I saw it all unfolding on Friday, I felt my stress level go up.  If anything, it helped to clarify how I want things to go on my day.  I'm already making notes.  Now I've found myself a little more in wedding prep mode.  I'm getting prepared to tackle the favors, or at least start phase one of them.  Picked up the stamps for the invitations, will spend some time each night, sealing & stamping those.  Got a basket for the bathroom & some supplies for it.  Now if only I could decide on a cake topper.....  I also know my shower invites arrived the end of last week, so I spend a little time sneaking looks at my registry to see what has been purchased.  So bad, I know!  
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I've got all my final meetings with vendors set, appointment for dress fitting in Aug., invitations are ready to send out, we need to schedule wine tasting at the RD venue, we took our first dance lesson last week. Everything else is done...
  • Alikat9614Alikat9614 member
    edited June 2014
    A big check came off our to-do list today-- The invitations are addressed, stuffed, sealed, postaged (lol) and ready to go. And since we don't have super fancy ones and they are 6 by 9 rectangles, they only required one regular stamp. Hooray for saving over $20 on postage! Now I just have to force myself to wait at least until Monday to send them...
  • HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    @Alikat9614, I got square invitations (stupid me, didn't know they were even more!)...$63 total for stamps!  That doesn't even count the money I spent on the stamps for the response cards.  Luckily those were just regular forever stamps that I got before that price went up in January.  No one tells you to budget for the postage you'll blow on all things wedding related.

In other updates, set up final meeting with DJ, touched base with florist, got more supplies for favors and made a plan with mom & girls to get working on them next week.  In touch with officiant for a meeting, need to call photographer & videographer to set meetings.  
  • Alikat9614Alikat9614 member
    edited July 2014
    Productive Monday! Invites went in the mail today. They will arrive about 9ish weeks out, but about 60% of our guests are OOT (and the RSVP date isn't until August 18 for our Sept 6 wedding). Plus, I was just so darn excited I couldn't wait any longer!!

They also had some cookies and cream Hershey kisses on clearance at rite aid today, so I ended up buying all the favor candy... And assembled all the bags. Two cookies and cream kisses (blue wrapper), two regular kisses (silver wrapper), two pink starburst (pink), and 2 dove sea salt caramel dark chocolate promises (blue wrapper).  I thought that was sufficient and yummy! They are all tied up on bright pink organza favor bags that I got super cheap on efavormart. 

• I've got my dress, its having a couple alterations done to it.  I pick it up in 3 weeks!   I still have to find shoes for it (EEEEK!!!!  I don't like shoes, I may just go with flip flops).  I have to figure out what I'm doing with my hair.  I have to make my BMs sashes for their dresses.  I ordered the invitations and RSVPs today, spent a total of $89 on those.  Got my bouquet just have to get a few more things for it to make it really pop.  Still have to get my BMs bouquets, and pew decorations.  Got my necklaces for my BMs and some of my make up.  I have a trillion little things to do still!  I hope my soon to be sis in law ordered the ring bearers outfit for the wedding.  I have the flower girls dress.  still have to get the ring bearer pillow, fake rings, and flower girl basket.  have shadow box for guests, but nothing for guests to sign to put into the box yet....  Basically I only have about 1/2 of the stuff 1/2 done and freaking out as it gets closer to the wedding. 

My mom decided she is going to take care of the "something old something new something borrowed and something blue" stuff for me although i wasnt planning on following that and I told her that.... she doesn't like to listen....  I don't think she realizes how many people are being invited to the wedding, she bought a total of 50 favor boxes.....  We are looking at around 150 people at least even though the place we are getting married can only do about 100.  
  • I had to send my invites out early as my final planning meeting with my event coordinator is August 2 and they want as close to final numbers as possible.

Everyone but a few family members has replied (I found online rsvp through the knot was pretty helpful and got quick responses)

We have had our first meeting with our DJ and have the second set up for next month so we can go to the site for layout planning.

We have our meeting with our officiant at the end of the month.

Cake is being designed (and cupcakes)

Two out of three BM's dresses have arrived. The boys are going to the suit shop today to get sorted out.

Talked to my jeweller about rings......just need to go in a few weeks with our designs.

Centre pieces are completed (minus flowers which come just prior)

programs are designed (sitting on my laptop) just waiting to be printed

purchased some of my girls gifts....

dress is being fitted...shoes done.....jewellery done.........hair piece........got my old/new/blue but not borrowed (was going to borrow these amazing blue shoes from my best friend but they are too big :()

favors need to be made/purchased (still debating this)

can anyone thing of anything I am missing?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards