Not Engaged Yet

WR - We Have a VENUE!

So FI & I went venue shopping this weekend. We had a shortlist of places we wanted to look at - two in the Newport area, and one in CT. The first place we went in Newport we loved, but it didn't HIT us as "the one." The second one we definitely didn't like. The third... OH the third.

We went there yesterday, and it was just IT. The ceremony will be outside, right on the water. When I walked down to the spot, I got head-to-toe goosebumps, and started crying. I looked at FI & said "We're getting MARRIED. Right here."

The reception will be inside the largest gallery:

I'm absolutely in love. Unfortunately, the event coordinator is out of the office until WEDNESDAY, so we can't pick a date until she gets back!! It's going to be the longest two days EVER. But YAYYYYYY VENUE!!!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: WR - We Have a VENUE!

• I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Venue lady, hurry up and get back to work so @goldenpenguin can get a date!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • OMG sooo exciting!!! I love the look of the venue with the art gallery and the ceremony being on the water! So awesome! 
  • Couldn't love this more if I tried.

• Heeeeeey sexy lady! That dress is really beautiful on you! 

And oh my gosh, the VENUE! Wow! Stunning! Ahhh can't wait for Wednesday!

• You're getting married in CT!!! Yayy! I LOVE the art gallery setting! 

Do you prefer this dress silhouette to the a line/ ball gowns that you were trying on before? 
  • I loooove this dress on you and I think it would be perfect for your venue! Have fun trying on more dresses tonight! I want to see all the pictures :-) I'm sooooooo happy you found your venue and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I will have you to squee/commiserate with every step of the way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    YAYYYYY you're getting married!!! And you're getting married in a GORGEOUS art gallery! I love it!!!! Please venue lady hurry up so @goldenpenguin can make a wedding countdown ticker!

• YAY!!!!! Tell me more!!!

• LOVE your venue! Hurry up venue lady, time is ticking! I obsessively refreshed my email when we were waiting for the woman from our venue to email us to confirm our date lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yay another CT bride!! Love love the dress too. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I wish I could love this post 15,000 more times!
  • I love the venue and the dress! 

• Beautiful venue! Awesome dress! Ahhh!
  • Oh, I LOVE that venue, especially the gallery.  And that's a gorgeous dress!  Yay, how exciting!
  • I LOVE the dress!!! You're venue is amazing too!

What month are you guys looking at getting married?  As much as I LOVE the dress, I know I tried on similar ones and thought the fabric was heavy (so if it's in the middle of summer it might be a little warm).  I really really really love that dress on you though, but want to make sure you'll be comfortable.

Anniversary
  • I love the Venue, the dress, and YOU! Couldn't be happier for you! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @lilaack28 - I was shocked at how much I loved the fit & flare silhouette - I never thought that I'd be able to wear that shape. I like it a lot more than the ballgown. 

@Dignity100 - we're looking at early-to-mid May right now. Unfortunately, the venue coordinator is out of the office until Wednesday, so we can't pick our date today, which I was hoping for, haha :)

*******************************************************************************************

• Wonderful!! I love the location! Where did you look in RI, if you don't mind me asking?
  • @500days - we went to The Landing in Newport. It was really gorgeous, but there were a few things we were concerned about - mainly, parking and ceremony location. Because we aren't doing a church, we want to do the ceremony on site, and while The Landing has a lovely dock area, there is no room for seating - everyone would have to stand along the decks! 

• I love that dress on you and I think it would be stunning at the water and the reception inside!  Ugh I HATE waiting for days because someone is unavailable when I want the answer right MEOW!

• @GoldenPenguin The Landing is definitely a nice spot in the summer...super busy over there though. Very little parking in Newport :-(  I looked at Oceancliff and Easton's Beach...I didn't end up liking them like I thought I would. I think Mystic is a perfect location!!!
  • @GoldenPenguin - With the time of year you're looking at - buy that dress!!!  (or a different one if you fall in love with a different one, but that one is stunning on you!)

Anniversary
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Oooh that venue and dress are both phenomenal!!!  I love your style :)
  • Love everything in this post :D
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That venue looks amazing for an outdoor ceremony! I was just up that way last week and kept thinking how beautiful all the water is. That dress is lovely too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards