May 2012 Weddings

OOT Bags

What are you putting in yours?

Re: OOT Bags

• I'm still debating...depending on which OOT guests come...for it being Florida:
    * sunblock
    * salt water taffy candy
    * St Petersburg/Tampa map
    * Cookie from out favorite bakery
    ... still stuck on what else to include
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    mini bottles of water & snacks
    local brochure
    door hanger that says "I stayed up all night partying at ... wedding" 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Here is my list:
    Welcome Letter
    Directions from the hotel to reception, rehearsal dinner, day after brunch etc..
    Schedule of the happenings for the weekend
    2 bottles of water
    granola bar
    pretzels
    gum/mints
    chips
    and something sweet.. still debating on this
  • I've been thinking about doing these but still not sure. If I were to do them I was thinking of including:
    A map to the venue
    A map of Manistee and local attractions
    Bottled water
    Advil
    Snack
    Gum/mints
    Butterfinger and Almond Joy (our favorite candy bars)

As well as a small note from FI and I thanking them for being apart of our day!

Question, do you give the hotel the bags to be placed in the rooms or how does that work? Is anyone afraid that the hotel won't do that and the bags will be wasted?!?
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Snacks, waters and/or sodas, and some info about things to do in the area.  I was planning on much more, but the budget is out of control, and this is somewhere I can scale back a bit.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_oot-bags-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:4206d25b-8410-4fb6-b84a-503c8e351953Post:14cc23ea-22b7-4755-9dff-a6f9cb0cd4af">Re: OOT Bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here is my list: Welcome Letter Directions from the hotel to reception, rehearsal dinner, day after brunch etc.. Schedule of the happenings for the weekend 2 bottles of water granola bar pretzels gum/mints chips and something sweet.. still debating on this
    Posted by Chechabrian[/QUOTE]

<div>Pretty similiar to mine. </div>
  • [QUOTE] Question, do you give the hotel the bags to be placed in the rooms or how does that work? Is anyone afraid that the hotel won't do that and the bags will be wasted?!?
    Posted by spalko[/QUOTE]

I have dropped OOT bags off at a few hotels for other weddings I have been a BM in, and some of them have different systems. Everywhere I have been, you just drop them off at the front desk, and they will either put them in the rooms they are assigning to your guests or hand them to the guests when they check in, depending on their policies. It shouldn't be anything they haven't done before, so I wouldn't stress about it. For my MOH's wedding, she had them all labeled with each guests name (so that bigger groups got more stuff than singles or couples), and a couple hotels weren't thrilled about that, but they agreed to do it anyway. I am planning to make all the bags the same and just tell them to give 2 bags to people checking in as groups of 4 and 1 bag to people checking in as singles or couples, if that makes sense. Anyway, my bags will include:

Mini water bottles
    Homemade chocolate chip cookies
    Granola bars
    Probably some gum or mints

And a packet on papers including:
    A note from FI and I
    Directions (and maps) between the hotel, ceremony and reception sites
    A list of other things to do in the area and phone numbers in case people are there extra days and don't have computers/smartphones to find info themselves
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards