Pre-wedding Parties

Who did you invite to the rehearsal dinner?

Other than the bare minimum of the those who go to the rehearsal and their significant others who else did you include at the rehearsal dinner? I'm kind of curious who other people have included as I'm working on an estimate to give my rehearsal venue. 

Re: Who did you invite to the rehearsal dinner?

• Well this is really up to you and your FI and whoever is hosting your RD (if it isn't you).  For our RD we had the wedding party and their SOs as well as the parents and my H's sister and her husband (she wasn't in the wedding but she is immediate family so we wanted her there).

My sister on the other hand, her H's family hosted the RD and they included wedding party plus all OOT guests (probably 40-50 people).

So in the end it comes down to your budget and who you really want to have with you.

• I know it's up to us, I was just curious to see who other people included because we have a little bit of wiggle room (We are paying). 

We have a general idea but I thought that maybe one of you all invited someone we may have not have thought of that I would see and go "Hey, that's a good idea, we should include X too"

• jerkyanne said:

I know it's up to us, I was just curious to see who other people included because we have a little bit of wiggle room (We are paying). 

We have a general idea but I thought that maybe one of you all invited someone we may have not have thought of that I would see and go "Hey, that's a good idea, we should include X too"

Yeah, I am not sure what you are looking for.  Do you have any family or friends that  you want to be there that aren't in the wedding party?  I mean you can invite whoever you want since you are paying as long as they are also invited to the wedding.

Or are you looking for something like "you should invite George Clooney!"  

• We are inviting our wedding party, our parents, our siblings, officiant, and all their significant others. 

We are not inviting out of town guests because most of them are on my side of the family and I think its unfair to his family that lives there. Plus, there is enough of them to get together and entertain themselves in a big city the night before.
    I would love to invite the grandparents but there are like 10 of them (so many b/c all have divorced, remarried etc.)  
    We may sound cheap but our parents are not footing the bill, we are. Also, we want an imitate dinner.  
  • We included our officiant and his wife (who declined) wedding party and their SOs. One of my bridesmaids has stepchildren, so we included them as well. Then we had my dad and his wife, my grandfather, our ring bearer and usher were brothers, so we had them and their mother and her SO, my husband's mother, brother, and sister, and 3 guests not involved in the wedding who were from out of state. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We invited everyone.  But we're having a very small wedding and all our guests are traveling a long distance, so we're kinda hosting them for everything we can.

• kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    We're inviting the wedding party plus spouses/children, parents, my grandpa, and the officiant plus her husband.
  • We did parents, wedding party & SO, out of town guests. The few OOT guests we were having were staying with parents so we included them. I knot traditionally they say to include OOT. However, my feeling is if you are doing a destination wedding or the majority of your guests are from OOT, you don't necessarily have to follow that rule else it could get almost as big as your reception.
  • Our RD will have our wedding party and their SO, my parents and his parents and we are hosting. We have OOT guests that will be flying in that day so made our RD an early dinner around 5pm. Then we will link up with some of our OOT guests for drinks.
  •     We aren't have a rehearsal so no rehearsal dinner. We are having our wedding at Disneyland. Since it's destination my FILs wanted to host a welcome dinner and invite everyone. There's only 20 people however. Basically the welcome dinner is the same size as my reception. 
  • edited July 2014

We're inviting everyone that means something to us. It is a destination wedding, but we aren't inviting every guest on the wedding list. bridal party, SO, grandparents (only 2), aunts (2). It's a small rehearsal dinner of about 20-25 people. But IMO it's everyone we want to invite and be able to say a special thank you to for being something important to us at one point or another in our lives and in terms of the wedding day. Good Luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards