October 2014 Weddings

Rehearsal BBQ invitation/rsvp questions

Hey guys, so I'm DIYing my own pocket invitations for my wedding.  In addition, instead of a rehearsal dinner we're going to be having a BBQ the day before our wedding since most of the people coming to the wedding is from out of town.  My dilemma is how to word the RSVPs for the BBQ?? I'm having a separate invite that I'm going to be including with the formal wedding invitation.  Do I include a separate RSVP card? Is it okay to direct people to my website to RSVP for the BBQ? Should I include the RSVP on the wedding RSVP? (If you suggest that one do you have suggestions as it's not confusing for my guests.) 

Thanks! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal BBQ invitation/rsvp questions

• I probably would just do 1 RSVP card and have a section for the BBQ - something like

Rehearsal/Welcome BBQ
    ____ Will Attend
    ____ Regretfully Decline

Wedding/Reception
    ____ Will Attend
    ____ Regretfully Decline

Anniversary
  • beachyone15beachyone15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2014
    See, I would probably do them separate (so it's less confusing). Typically you send out the rehearsal dinner invites about 2 weeks AFTER the wedding invites have gone out. So if you can afford the extra postage I'd send them separate (since it's a separate event).

Our rehearsal invites just say to call/email FMIL to RSVP. Although if you are inviting pretty much everyone to the BBQ, you may want to include the RSVP card so you will get a more accurate count.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We're including a separate card in our pocket invites for the "family dinner" we are hosting the night before the wedding, which will only go out to family members. We just put an email address on the card for people to RSVP to. 
  • Maybe I'm wrong, but if you were to put the RSVP on your site then that would allow everyone to RSVP for the rehearsal dinner even though you probably aren't inviting all of the guests who are attending the wedding. I'd try to keep it as separate as possible.
  • Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I think I might do them separate just so it's not confusing.  @pepperally everyone is invited to the welcome bbq the day before.  95% of our guests are coming from out of state for our wedding, so instead of just excluding a small number of "in town" guests that we're having we're just inviting everyone. It's going to be very informal, and laid back.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards