Chit Chat

For your Sunday morning reading pleasure....

kmmssgkmmssg mod
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited June 2014 in Chit Chat
Check out this thread on WW:

Judging by the level of narcissism involved I'm wondering if she is Kanye's little sister.  2 weddings, FIVE dresses, and 5 day shindig (and no, it isn't an Indian wedding that spans days).  It is 5 pages long so grab a beverage and enjoy.

Re: For your Sunday morning reading pleasure....

• JFC

At least people are telling her it's a bit much. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I cannot get over this "bride's" entitlement.  She's like Daddy's Little Rich Girl who has never heard the word "no," and her entire point on posting on WW was to brag about how much money they are spending for this multi-day costume party.  

I really hope this is made up.  Also her use of "mines" is driving me crazy.

She got called out on it, too, and claimed her professor uncle helped her come up with "yours, mines, and ours" to "flow better?"  No, honey.  Then she's like, "I'm African American" as if that makes it okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• What the actual hell.

Time for mimosas minus the orange juice.

• hahahah awesome. Why'd they have to close it?!

• Oh.hell.no....

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• I can't even with that. There's not enough coffee in the world to be able to deal with that hot mess.
  • I hope she comes on here....alpha speshul snowflake

• I jammed my fingers last night and was sad I had to cancel a list of activities today.....this just made me grin. I can't wait to see the follow ups where 1st her bridal party starts dropping like flies with a "you are bsc" on the way out, then she over invites and whines that hubby to be's family is yelling about etiquette; df gets pissed because he wanted something small and she turned this into a ginormous cluster; people will not attend all 5 days and she'll be mad she's out the money, and finally the honeymoon will be cancelled as her add ons will eat the budget whole.
  • Seriously... even my friend who had actual cultural reasons for the multi-day shindig, and 450 invited guests, never sent out a newsletter.  Get real, lady.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I give her marriage 2 years.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    Now y'all know I love some reality television, but I will steer clear of a bitch who is trying to model her life around TV drama. 

This girl is out of her damn mind.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• If I had a WW account before it closed, I'd have been very tempted to snark that if it were really white tie, she'd have one dress nice enough to last the entire event, not five.

I'm hoping she's not doing 5 wardrobe changes during the "wedding" and that it's spanned over the 5 day event. Gag.

Anniversary
  • Oh God @kimches now I've fallen down the rabbit hole. It's as awful as I expected.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• So without giving away any of her personal info (this girl was dumb enough to post her full name, hometown, and photo... seriously) many of her wedding Pins are all that trendy rustic stuff. Hay bales, reclaimed wood, cowboy boots. I think the meaning of "white tie" escapes her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I cannot get over this "bride's" entitlement.  She's like Daddy's Little Rich Girl who has never heard the word "no," and her entire point on posting on WW was to brag about how much money they are spending for this multi-day costume party.  

She got called out on it, too, and claimed her professor uncle helped her come up with "yours, mines, and ours" to "flow better?"  No, honey.  Then she's like, "I'm African American" as if that makes it okay.
    Side rant, I FUCKING HATE THIS.  I fucking hate people who hear a grammatically correct sentence and call it "Talking white," and bitch at other african americans for "Talking white," as if all african americans are/should be incapable of speaking properly.

No, hun,  using the english language properly isn't only for white people, it's for anyone smart enough to realize that using that stupid ghetto slang language will never get you any farther than the McDonald's register.  And you won't be unable to get a decent job because you're african american, it will be because you can't speak in a way that anyone will take you seriously, because you pick on people who "Talk white."  
  • @kimches it is probably best not to post their site here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kimches  You should remove that link.  There was a huge thing a few months ago and someone was banned for posting someone else's personal info.  It's only a wedding website, but still.  I know that girl posted her wedding info for all the world to see, but that was her doing.
  • I refuse to believe this is real.

But I really want her to come post that here. If WB exploded on her, what will TK do?
  • "Look at me, look at me, I'm the most special snowflake you'll ever see!" There's somebody who thinks she's Beyonce times a thousand. Lol...

White Tie affairs are normally reserved for matters of state, talk about being a princess! I give the marriage 6 months.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    Sadly (or maybe thank goodness) I don't believe a word of anything she posted. 

From the butlers to the wine tastings, from the heinously spelled newsletter approved by the imaginary UCLA professor/uncle, to the money-saving diy centerpieces made by gathering branches from the neighbor's yard (because that's what you do for white tie events) to the already abandoned wedding date/registries from 2013, and the "already booked" coed bachelor/bachelorette party- really? And the Disneyworld to BoraBora Honeymoon... After all my years in the travel industry, I had no idea you could book hotels/airfare over a year away.  None of it adds up to an even vaguely believable story. 

This sad little girl is inventing elaborate wedding fantasies. She wouldn't know a white tie event if it bit her on the ass. 
  • AlexisA01AlexisA01 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    I cannot get over this "bride's" entitlement.  She's like Daddy's Little Rich Girl who has never heard the word "no," and her entire point on posting on WW was to brag about how much money they are spending for this multi-day costume party.  

Side rant, I FUCKING HATE THIS.  I fucking hate people who hear a grammatically correct sentence and call it "Talking white," and bitch at other african americans for "Talking white," as if all african americans are/should be incapable of speaking properly.

No, hun,  using the english language properly isn't only for white people, it's for anyone smart enough to realize that using that stupid ghetto slang language will never get you any farther than the McDonald's register.  And you won't be unable to get a decent job because you're african american, it will be because you can't speak in a way that anyone will take you seriously, because you pick on people who "Talk white."  
    Well AAVE is a legitimate dialect of speech along with countless others...It varies from Standard American English. AAVE is similar to American Creole. It's a pet peeve of mine when people use their own dialect (to others it is called "slang") and others act as if they are stupid. So for her to use the race card explaining why she did, she is right on a technicality. The other parts about her calling people talking white is very ignorant. Just because some blacks/AA do not use AAVE ( I do not) she shouldn't be calling people those names. Foolishness. 

• AlexisA01 said:
    I cannot get over this "bride's" entitlement.  She's like Daddy's Little Rich Girl who has never heard the word "no," and her entire point on posting on WW was to brag about how much money they are spending for this multi-day costume party.  

Well AAVE is a legitimate dialect of speech along with countless others...It varies from Standard American English. AAVE is similar to American Creole. It's a pet peeve of mine when people use their own dialect (to others it is called "slang") and others act as if they are stupid. So for her to use the race card explaining why she did, she is right on a technicality. The other parts about her calling people talking white is very ignorant. Just because some blacks/AA do not use AAVE ( I do not) she shouldn't be calling people those names. Foolishness. 
    I really hate the "talking white" accusations.  I taught high school in a district that was probably half African American kids and half Latino kids.  All of them would accuse whoever was the "nerd" that week of talking like a white kid.  Or being an "Oreo."  It's really harmful to say that speaking Standard English means you are trying to be white.  It implies people of color can't or shouldn't use Standard English (and the corollary to that is usually that the kid who's "talking white" is highly accomplished, thus highly accomplished= being white).  And let's face facts, unless you live in an ethnic enclave, Standard English is what you're going to use in your academic and professional life.  Everybody needs to learn it and use it when appropriate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• AlexisA01 said:

I really hate the "talking white" accusations.  I taught high school in a district that was probably half African American kids and half Latino kids.  All of them would accuse whoever was the "nerd" that week of talking like a white kid.  Or being an "Oreo."  It's really harmful to say that speaking Standard English means you are trying to be white.  It implies people of color can't or shouldn't use Standard English (and the corollary to that is usually that the kid who's "talking white" is highly accomplished, thus highly accomplished= being white).  And let's face facts, unless you live in an ethnic enclave, Standard English is what you're going to use in your academic and professional life.  Everybody needs to learn it and use it when appropriate.

SITB
    Yes! Oreo was irritating along with acting like an "uncle tom"(sadly some of my family uses that term to describe people). The part that really threw me off was the part about her uncle. It seemed almost contradictory when she was saying that. Either she was MUD or just trolling because she gave out too much personal information.

• She's not a very good troll. I really maintain it's all fantasy. If you look at her other posts, really? If you can afford a white tie event you're not going to be gluing plastic crystals to tree branches from the back yard to "save money." I think it's all invented nonsense.
  • Looking at her other posts, that dress she posted was fugly. I'm sorry, but it was. 

Anniversary
  • Oh mah gah. Can you imagine enduring 5 days of this girl and her parties? 
  • JaniV123JaniV123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    she seems like a 19 year old brat who is playing princess dress-up. It seems to me it is probably all made up.

ETA: I kinda wanted to see the 4 pages of that awful newsletter

• Oh mah gah. Can you imagine enduring 5 days of this girl and her parties? 

Nope, but I'd totally read the blog of someone who did!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was mad I could only see the first page of the newsletter. When my sister got married, I sent out newsletters but they were hilarious. We did profiles of the bridal party with ridiculous photos, stuff about the weekend, etc. They were really funny and everyone loved them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards