Chit Chat

I'm a newlywed now!

My wedding turned out beautiful. I am so happy with the chapel and how well they did everything for my wedding yesterday.

There were a few issues, mainly people running late, that had me stressed before the wedding started. It all worked out, and all the bridal party showed up, not necessarily on time but before they wedding started. Some friends came a few minutes late, and we were about to walk down the aisle. They saw me about to go down and apologized. We laughed it off, and they stood out in the hall until I walked in, then quickly took their seats.

The ceremony was probably the most nerve wracking thing I've ever been through. It was so much more intense than I expected it to feel. I could feel my lips quivering as I tried to not look terrified. It was the same for Domenic. He and I are not center of attention people, and we were there having around 130 people watching us.

After the chapel, we went to an after party. We invited everyone, but only our friends and one of my cousins went. We rented out the venue where Domenic plays shows. We had snacks and drinks as well as music playing there. It was so fun, because it was more mellow and was a laid back way to hang out. At the reception, I had to makes rounds and say hello to everyone. I barely got to sit. The after party was much better, as far as that goes.

Two friends decided they had to give speeches at the after party. The first was already pretty drunk, and his speech had more f-bombs than I've ever heard at a wedding before. I had so much fun listening to it.

I wasn't sure how the after party would go, but it was great. Plus, many friends were unable to go to the wedding. They had work or another commitment. One couple flat forgot about it. But, they were able to come to the after party and still hang out with us.

I can't wait to see the photographer's photos! I have a few sent to me from friends.

Re: I'm a newlywed now!

• OMG the groom and groomsmen's hair are so frigen sweet. You look gorgeous, congrats!! 

• Congratulations! Lovely photos and it sounds like you had fun!
  • Thank you! We had so much fun. The hair was awesome, I agree. Not to brag, but I dyed the groom's hair myself.
  • Congratulations! Sounds like you had a wonderful wedding and you're married now!
  • Sounds like so much fun!  You look beautiful!  And yeah Domenic's hair is awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Congrats!  So glad everything went well.
  • Aray82Aray82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Love the dress! Congrats!
  • So awesome - congratulations!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congratulations. You looked beautiful. Now, tell me about the little boy's hair. That's so cute.

• MollyandDMollyandD member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    The ring bearer is wearing bear ears. I wanted a ring "bear" for my wedding. He's my nephew. He wanted a full bear suit, which would have been awesome, but we didn't get one in time. Plus, it's June. It's a little too hot outside for that.
  • How cute! I thought he was wearing a sideways Mohawk : )

• But, like, ZOMG, weren't you so worried that those mohawks would totally ruin your wedding photos????

;)

Congratulations!  Glad everything went well, and now enjoy married life!

SaveSave
  • So cute! Congratulations!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh so gorgeous and fun!!  Around town yesterday, I saw at least three weddings and thought of all you June 28 brides here!
    Anniversary

• Beautiful! Congrats!

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• You're lovely, and the ring bear is adorable. I love him.
  • Can't wait to see your pro pics. 

Ring "bear". ADORABLE.

Anniversary
  • Congrats you married lady! Your DH hair looks fab; I love the color.
  • monkeysip said:
    But, like, ZOMG, weren't you so worried that those mohawks would totally ruin your wedding photos????

;)

I didn't even notice the mohawks and coloured hair until some one mentioned it. I went back to take a second look and got distracted by the GM with the giant mohawk and wondering how much product it takes to hold his hair like that and various other mohawk questions. Everything looks beautiful.

Anniversary
  • monkeysip said:
    But, like, ZOMG, weren't you so worried that those mohawks would totally ruin your wedding photos????

;)

I didn't even notice the mohawks and coloured hair until some one mentioned it. I went back to take a second look and got distracted by the GM with the giant mohawk and wondering how much product it takes to hold his hair like that and various other mohawk questions. Everything looks beautiful.
    All that was done with hairspray. Every groomsman, except Domenic's brother, has had one at one point. I've known three of them longer than I've known Domenjc. They spray hairspray on it and use a blow drier to dry the hairspray as they go. It's much more simple than most people think. 
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Congratulations! 
  • Congratulations!!
    Anniversary
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Congrats! Everything looks really awesome! I love the punk-ness. 
  • Congrats!!!!!! I love your pics, and Domenic's hair looks awesome! And I love that groomsmans huge Mohawk! 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Epic mohawks are epic!

Lovely pictures!  Congrats again :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I said this on your other thread, but I think it's awesome, so I'll say it again. We used the same photographer! I was so confused when your pics popped up in my Facebook newsfeed. I love the pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards