Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Groom's Cake?

What are everyone's thoughts on a groom's cake? I have done just a little checking into it but when I'm spending so much on cake is a groom's cake really necessary?

Re: Groom's Cake?

• Grooms cakes are not necessary.  They are an additional thing to have if you really want it and have the budget for it.

Personally, if you have a cake with multiple flavors then a grooms cake is kind of pointless, IMO.

• Not necessary at all. 

In the last couple years, we've been to a lot of weddings and I've only seen a grooms cake at 2 of them.
    *********************************************************************************

• We did not have a groom's cake at our wedding but did opt for a more-groom themed (DH's favorite football team) cake at our rehearsal dinner.  It was sort of but not really a groom's cake - more like an excuse to have cake two nights in a row.
    Anniversary

• Ehhh, I don't really see a reason for it at a wedding.  Totally fine for the rehearsal dinner.
  • It's tradition in my circle to have a groom's cake, but since FI doesn't like cake he wanted a "cookie bar". We'll still have our wedding cake as well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Skip it. 

In my experience, groom's cakes usually go unnoticed and most of it ends up being wasted. 
  • Totally not necessary. We did one cause we wanted to, but it's not a big deal, and no one would miss it.

Anniversary
  • It is not mandatory. My FI wanted one and there was room for it in the budget, so we did one. It's up to you as a coupel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards