Chit Chat

#Hashtag

Does anyone have any cute wedding hashtags for the guests to use like #TaylorWedding or #HarrisPartyof2?

Re: #Hashtag

• Ok thanks kimches! Please only comment if you have ideas, if not just go on to the next forum. Thanks :-)
  • JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    ktjacobs3 said:
    Ok thanks kimches! Please only comment if you have ideas, if not just go on to the next forum. Thanks :-)
    Sorry, you don't get to tell me how to post.  This is the internet.

Also, I did actually answer your question.  You said:

ktjacobs3 said:
    Does anyone have any cute wedding hashtags for the guests to use like #TaylorWedding or #HarrisPartyof2?
    And no, I do not have one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Like I said before...if anyone has any ideas please feel free to share. Thanks :-)
  • If you're trying to think of one for yourself, give us the name and we can try to help. Many have done that in the past.

Most of my friends just do hashtag lastname wedding.

image   image   image

• It's okay, you don't have to help. I think I'll be okay. Thanks though.
  • I'm not super creative, but #WilliamsWedding or #yourandhisname or #MarriedWilliams or #WilliamsShindig or one that uses your initials might be more custom to you both.

image   image   image

• Ok thanks, I'll write those down!
  • ktjacobs3 said:
    Ok thanks kimches! Please only comment if you have ideas, if not just go on to the next forum. Thanks :-)
    LOL. You're hilarious. 

• I think trying to be cute and clever with it is just one more thing to have to do. Just use your name(s) and move on to the next thing on your list to do. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    I think trying to be cute and clever with it is just one more thing to have to do. Just use your name(s) and move on to the next thing on your list to do. 
    This. Not only do you not need to take a day or whatever to think of something "cute", your guests will also be happy to have something easy to remember rather then some long "cute" hashtag. #WilliamsWedding is a lot easier to remember then something cute or that is a play on words.

• If the last name is fairly common, make sure to look up the hashtag prior to using it- due to the popularity of the idea, you might have 25 SmithWeddings.  Just food for thought.

And Holy Moses on a Pop Tart, you asked if people are doing it- and "no, I'm not" is a perfectly acceptable answer.  
    This is a good point.  You may want to include your wedding date to designate your wedding from the other million Williams weddings.

• Lolo83 I was responding to someone in the forum lol, not directed towards anyone else
  • ktjacobs3 said:

Lolo83 I was responding to someone in the forum lol, not directed towards anyone else

I know you were, and it was unwarranted and rude. There's no need for that.

• ktjacobs3 said:

Lolo83 I was responding to someone in the forum lol, not directed towards anyone else

I know you were, and it was unwarranted and rude. There's no need for that.
    Agreed, and if you want to respond to a specific person, it is easier if you quote them or tag then by typing @ then their user name.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think hashtagging for your wedding is a little OTT. I don't intend to make up a hashtag for this. I honestly don't think my guests will want to use our hashtag in their pictures (if they take any).

• Whatever happened to just tagging people? For our wedding 3 years ago hashtags were not a thing. Hell I don't even think Instagram was around then. People just posted their pics to their FB page and then tagged myself and my H in them. Easy peasy. And apparently you can do the same thing on Instagram if that person has an account. I have been to a few weddings with hashtags and never used them, I just tagged the person in the picture.
    The only benefit I see is if you're not following people on IG (or Twitter, I suppose, but I don't use that), but they have their pictures public, you can search by the hashtag and see them all at once. I think hashtags on Facebook are totally stupid though, and people's privacy settings tend to be much more locked down on FB than on IG, so even if someone used your hashtag you probably won't see their pictures if you're not friends with them (which is a good thing, really).

• SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Husband's name is stupid long, so we went with our first names. Our names rhyme, so it's something that we've always had that associate us as a couple. Our invitations had our first names in large script font, as did our programs. So #Lauren&Aren made sense. However, some people also used #pinkwedding at the reception due to some over top things my MIL scheduled, that we and some guests found very GOT-esque. 
  • Whatever happened to just tagging people? For our wedding 3 years ago hashtags were not a thing. Hell I don't even think Instagram was around then. People just posted their pics to their FB page and then tagged myself and my H in them. Easy peasy. And apparently you can do the same thing on Instagram if that person has an account. I have been to a few weddings with hashtags and never used them, I just tagged the person in the picture.
    I'm wondering this, too. People tag me in pics, I tag them. So what is the point of a hashtag? I really want to know the answer to this question. And, all of my social media accounts are private. So, if someone hashtags my wedding for example, does that mean those pictures will be public for all to see?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• SBminiSBmini member
    The point of a hashtag is that people don't always tag and sometimes share to places you aren't. We had a number of people instagram photos and even some added on Flickr that we were able to find because of the hashtag. Now, if you don't want people sharing pictures of you, or if you don't want to be identified in your photos- then don't have a hashtag. I wanted to be able to find everything people shared, which is why we went with one. Not everyone used it, but we were able to capture a number of photos from the hashtag. 

• AlexisA01AlexisA01 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014

@Maggie0829 Instagram came out in 2010

OP I think you should do  B&GWilliams2014 as your hashtag. Then that way you will have first letter of you and your FH intials and the year you are getting married. 

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• SBminiSBmini member
    My SIL made a cutesy sign and had guest download WedPics and upload wedding pictures there. At the end of the celebration, I think there were 3 pictures uploaded. Definitely not worth it. I got a lot more pictures on FB and people texted me their pictures too. 
    This is exactly why I didn't use an app and just did a hashtag. I'm a digital marketer so I know that downloading an app is a barrier to entry that a lot of people will not go through to share. The easier you make it for your guests- the more likely they are to adopt. I ended up having 10-15 photos shared using my hashtag that I didn't find on my own. I found them using http://iconosquare.com/ and Hootsuite. Then a ton of pictures uploaded to Facebook with no hashtag that I was able to find because I was friends with the people. So for me- it worked nicely. You just need to communicate the hashtag and make it easy for people. If I were to do it again, I would put the hashtag on the programs. I didn't because I didn't want to encourage people to take photos during the ceremony, so I just had signage near the bar at the reception, but not everyone saw it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards