Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

help us pick our cupcake flavors!

We're doing cupcakes instead of regular cake and are very excited about it. We'll be ordering 7 dozen for our small wedding, but are having a really hard time deciding on flavors because there are so many choices!! Would it be weird (and overkill) to have 5 different flavors?

Here are the ones we are definitely set on:
- Vanilla cake with strawberry filling, vanilla frosting
- Chocolate coffee Kahlua cake, with chocolate coffee Kahlua mousse filling, Kahlua frosting (FI *really* wants this one)
- Pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting 

Ones we would really like to add:
- Lemon cake with raspberry filling, lemon frosting (I personally LOVE lemon but I know not everyone does.)
- Chocolate cake with raspberry filling, chocolate frosting

Other ones that still sound amazing (should we just have 7 flavors??):
- Chocolate cake, peanut butter filling, chocolate frosting
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting

Help!!

Re: help us pick our cupcake flavors!

• I have no helpful advice except holy crap now I want cupcakes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Honestly, I'd stick with the "Definitely" options you listed because 7-dozen really isn't a lot of cupcakes when the subject of firing up the oven is considered.  It's one thing to ask for a dozen-pack for yourselves and the honeymoon suite, but I think it'd be overkill to do that many flavors even for a larger wedding.
  • jules3964jules3964 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    MesmrEwe said:
    Honestly, I'd stick with the "Definitely" options you listed because 7-dozen really isn't a lot of cupcakes when the subject of firing up the oven is considered.  It's one thing to ask for a dozen-pack for yourselves and the honeymoon suite, but I think it'd be overkill to do that many flavors even for a larger wedding.
    Yeah, it's true -- 7 sounds completely overkill and I was half joking about it. We're just having a hard time deciding, and part of me is sad not to have any lemon ones!
  • I'm obsessed with raspberry, so out of bias, I'd suggest adding one of those flavors to your list, but other than that, they sound so delicious! I want a cupcake now!
  • When is your wedding?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    When is your wedding?
    October 4th.
  • I'd stick with the three you have. More would just be confusing, and I'd make myself sick trying to try them all.

Anniversary
  • Then I choose the original 3.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thanks everyone! I think we will indeed stick with those original three.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards