May 2015 Weddings

Catering?

Hi May brides! 

Has anyone booked their caterer or thought about their menu yet? We are going to start doing tastings with potential caterers next month. Food is a huge part of our wedding (we love to eat!), so I'm excited to get started on our menu. What will you be serving?  

Re: Catering?

• CC0805CC0805 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We haven't officially booked our caterer, but they're saving the date for us.  Food is most important to us as well so we knew that was the first thing we wanted to do.  We did a tasting with a few people but our caterer we just LOVED.  They even managed to get me to enjoy the salmon! (only seafood I like is sushi and shellfish, which will kill me)

We're not doing a typical sit down and instead are having a 4/5 hour cocktail style reception.  Stations and passed horderves all night, so no... no idea what we're serving.  Haha.  We have time to figure it out.
  • Our venue is a restaurant/ballroom so we booked our catering when we decided to have the wedding there (ceremony, lighting, cake, tables/chairs/etc all included).  Makes life much easier.

Here is our menu!  I'm so excited.  The cocktail hour is going to be off the chain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• CC0805CC0805 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Mmmmmmmm shrimp scampi AND crepe station! Both would kill me but yummmm! (Brand spanking new allergy. Still a little bit bitter)
  • This should probably be next on my to-do list, right? Just booked our venue a few weeks ago, but aside from tables, everything else will need to be brought in! We will probably start doing some tastings next month.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We haven't booked our Venue yet and our primary choice requires you use theirs but gives you the option of also bringing in food trucks. I'm leaning more and more towards that location but we want to scout two others just in case.

• Ours came with our reception location. We booked about 2 weeks ago, and i'm glad we did. Right before I called a few locations in our desired location and every single one was booked already! This location came with very very high recommendations though so i'm pleased.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Our venue required us to use house catering so we've booked already. Luckily they're really good too. Just need to start deciding on options.
  • We have an idea about our catering, but are going to go visit the area and try out the food in a few weeks to make sure we like it. Texas BBQ...yum!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2014
    We're going to do BBQ for dinner and passed hor d'oeuvres for cocktail hour. We get to choose 5 meats and 5 sides, and a few other things come with it, so I think we're doing:

BBQ Pulled Pork
    BBQ Beef Brisket
    St. Louis Ribs
    Rotisserie Chicken
    Marinated Steak with Mushrooms & Onions
    ------
    Mac n' Cheese
    Texas Toast
    Garlic Mashed Potatoes
    Grilled Vegetables
    Sweet Potato Fries or Corn or Baked Beans
    -------
    Garden Salad
    Cornbread

For cocktail hour we'll be sticking to mostly vegetarian passed apps. We'll also get one or two trays of eggplant rollatini or vegetable lasagna or something depending on how many vegetarians are coming. 

We went to the restaurant to try their food a few weeks ago and LOVED everything we tried. Best of all - dinner will only be costing $13 per person! I'm sooo happy with our choice and can't wait to try more of their food over the next few months.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited July 2014
    @Hummingbird125 WOW we have a really similar menu! We're also doing BBQ - passed appetizers and buffet dinner. SO cost effective! Anyone in East Los Angeles, Max City BBQ is AMAZING! So delicious and very gourmet for BBQ.

Apps
    Mini Texas Toast Grilled Cheese
    Watermelon & Jicama Salad
    Biscuit with Country Ham and Red Pepper Jelly

Dinner:
    Brisket
    Pulled Pork
    Grilled Veg Skewer (for vegetarians only)
    Cucumber Salad
    Potato Salad
    Mac & Cheese
    Cornbread

Lemonade & Iced Tea
    Coffee Service

It did end up being about $40 a person... but we have a lot of options (I wanted to do the fewest options possible to keep it cheap but my parents - who are paying - wanted to make sure it was nice)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage
  • OH! that price includes staff, gratuity, and tax BTW. So the base per person is actually $26.5

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards