Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Inexpensive Venues in New Castle/Youngstown/Pittsburgh area

Hello everyone! My fiance and I recently got engaged and are looking to get married in May of next year (2015).  Just wondering if anyone could be so gracious as to share their experiences with wedding and reception venues around the New Castle, PA/Youngstown, OH/Pittsburgh, PA area.  Our budget is around $12,500 total.  ANY and ALL suggestions are welcomed! Thank you so much! 

Re: Inexpensive Venues in New Castle/Youngstown/Pittsburgh area

• alm199alm199 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment

How many guests are you planning on having? I'm having my reception at The Fez in Allequippa. They have all inclusive packages so there are no hidden costs and even the cake is included. I chose a package in the middle of their price range and it's coming to around $41 per person before tax and service charge. For 150 guests my grand total is something like $7800 after the fees and sales tax.

I had also looked into the Alpine Room in Enon Valley but decided that it was too far from our church. They require 150 or more guests and start at $35 per person for dinner and open bar including tax and service.

• We're planning around 150 as well.  Thank you for your help!  I will look into both of those places!! :)
  • alm199alm199 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    I'm glad I could help! We picked the Fez over everywhere else because they do everything for you. I will drop off all my stuff the day before and don't need to do anything but show up for the reception!
  • The Villa or Cathedral in New Castle.  Medure's is the caterer and absolutely wonderful!

The lobby of the Cathedral is stunning with 30 foot high marble pillars and seats 175- 200.

Stunning :)
  • We had our reception of about 125 guests at The Gatherings Banquet & Event Center on Benjamin Franklin Highway. It was seriously the cheapest around and the inside is very nice looking. The price included tables, chairs, table numbers (very cute), simple linens, bar staff, fully stocked open bar, and food (we did Buffett). The food was very good I thought. Their packages start at 32.95$/pp. they did discounts for those under 21 who wouldn't be drinking and kids prices as well.
  • Forgot to mention that it is between new castle and youngstown-closer to new castle though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards