Chit Chat

Another RSVP reminder

Bridezilla sister sent out another reminder to RSVP this weekend. Invitations should have gone out this week. DH keeps telling me I need to RSVP, but I refuse to until I get an invitation - a FB invite doesn't count when I know she mailed paper invites several weeks ago. 

I was perusing her website and found some tidbits I thought you'd all enjoy.
Seating is still listed as hay bales and blankets on the ground, with chairs only being provided if you have a legit medical reason to need a chair
Dress code is relaxed semi-formal (WTH does that even mean?)
Rain or really cold weather plan is still bring an umbrella and blankets. However, it has been updated to add that if there is severe inclement weather the "ceremony" will be held 1 hour later at the reception site, and that you should check FB the day of if you are unsure which location the "wedding" will take place at. If it is at the reception site there will be a 2.5 hour unhosted gap. There are no restaurants, bars, pubs, coffee shops, malls, attractions, etc within a 30 minute drive of the reception site.

I put ceremony and wedding in quotation marks because the last I heard the officiant is not legally able to marry them, so they will be getting married at the RD.

Anniversary

Re: Another RSVP reminder

• That just sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen.
  • Is one required to submit a doctors note to request a chair?
  • This is straight up crazy!
  • lolo883 said: What. The. Hell.
    Also, I think "relaxed semi-formal" calls for DH to wear suitjamas.image
    I
    love that this is a thing.

My mind immediately went here:

And don't worry @lolo883, they have one for you too!  (Seems to be keeping with the classy factor of this "wedding"...)

Anniversary

• SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Hay bales and formal do not belong at the same wedding!

Where is she sending out the RSVP reminders? Let me guess... her facebook wall. 

Edit- spelling
  • Haven't you guys heard? In the case of inclement weather, natural disaster photos are all the rage now. 

Think of how great flying hay-bales will look in their photos. 

• Who is going to marry them at the RD? I'm confused, because there is a lot of MESS going on with this 'wedding'
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• And do you love the fact that the ad before the story is about insurance??
  • @SBmini She at least got one thing right - she created a private FB event for the wedding that only guests can join and that is where the reminders go

@beethery I believe a JOP is going to marry them at the RD, but is going to date the marriage license for the wedding date NOT the RD date (isn't this fraud?). I have no idea why they haven't made arrangements to have the JOP or a minister do the ceremony on the wedding day considering they've known about this for at least 3 months. 

Anniversary
  • @SBmini She at least got one thing right - she created a private FB event for the wedding that only guests can join and that is where the reminders go

@beethery I believe a JOP is going to marry them at the RD, but is going to date the marriage license for the wedding date NOT the RD date (isn't this fraud?). I have no idea why they haven't made arrangements to have the JOP or a minister do the ceremony on the wedding day considering they've known about this for at least 3 months. 
    In what world does that make sense? Like.. y'all picked the date... maybe you should've talked to a JOP or whoever right after that and booked it? I mean, we haven't picked a solid date yet but I know that as soon as we do, we're going to work on booking a JOP right away so that we get married ON THAT DAY and that's the wedding day the-fuckin-end. How does a couple go oh yeah we don't need to book someone legit to officiate because that's not super important that we actually get married at our big to-do?

I'm just repeating the same thing over and over again, sorry. I just doooooon't understand.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:

In what world does that make sense? Like.. y'all picked the date... maybe you should've talked to a JOP or whoever right after that and booked it? I mean, we haven't picked a solid date yet but I know that as soon as we do, we're going to work on booking a JOP right away so that we get married ON THAT DAY and that's the wedding day the-fuckin-end. How does a couple go oh yeah we don't need to book someone legit to officiate because that's not super important that we actually get married at our big to-do?

I'm just repeating the same thing over and over again, sorry. I just doooooon't understand.
    In the world where you book the reception site before you are even engaged, and before you tell anyone that you are planning on getting married in a year. Also, in this world you get married because "you really want a wedding" and "all my friends got married so I should get married now too". DH and I think that if she couldn't have a "traditional" wedding she probably wouldn't be getting married.

Story time
    She started planning her wedding the second she found out DH AND I were engaged. She also starting pressuring her BF to propose when we got engaged, using the whole "you must not love me because we aren't engaged" crap. She told me about a year ago that she was planning a wedding for this year and she had already made decisions on everything at this time. The reception site was booked over a month before her BF proposed. By the time she announced the engagement and told the parents the date, more things had been booked and deposits paid. I really get the feeling that the legal aspect is an unimportant part.

Anniversary
  • SBminiSBmini member
    Is she older or younger than you?
  • She is a couple years younger than me - I'm late 20's and she is mid-20's.

Anniversary
  • How does her FI feel about having a gun to his head to propose? Yikes. I have never heard of booking a site before being officially engaged.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• beethery said:

In the world where you book the reception site before you are even engaged, and before you tell anyone that you are planning on getting married in a year. Also, in this world you get married because "you really want a wedding" and "all my friends got married so I should get married now too". DH and I think that if she couldn't have a "traditional" wedding she probably wouldn't be getting married.

Story time
    She started planning her wedding the second she found out DH AND I were engaged. She also starting pressuring her BF to propose when we got engaged, using the whole "you must not love me because we aren't engaged" crap. She told me about a year ago that she was planning a wedding for this year and she had already made decisions on everything at this time. The reception site was booked over a month before her BF proposed. By the time she announced the engagement and told the parents the date, more things had been booked and deposits paid. I really get the feeling that the legal aspect is an unimportant part.
    NAW. NAW. NO MA'AM.

Now look, FI and I had talked about getting married a looooooot before we got engaged. A whole lot. We'd been to a bunch of weddings and agreed on what we did and didn't want at our wedding, and places we'd ideally like to have it. I got costs for things ahead of time, because FI and I were both curious. Plus his brother was getting married and we were getting ideas about costs and such. We have also agreed that the wedding will be fun and good etc, but we're most excited to BE MARRIED, because we aren't crazy people... well... not that kind of crazy anyway.

Did I book things? No. Did I google? You better believe it. BOOKING SHIT before you even got proposed to is some new kind of tomfoolery. That lady's priorities ain't right.

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• How does her FI feel about having a gun to his head to propose? Yikes. I have never heard of booking a site before being officially engaged.
    DH talked to him during a family vacation and he got the impression that the FI feels really rushed but was trying to make her happy. After DH talked to him he started watching them closely and paying more attention to what sis says, and there are so many red flags that we don't think they will make it to the first anniversary. Before they were engaged I tried to talk to her about some of the issues I saw, but she is so focused on having her perfect wedding NOW that she didn't want to discuss what comes next. Nothing I can do about that, and since she's burnt every bridge with me since then, I don't really care.

Anniversary
  • SBminiSBmini member
    I can only feel so bad for her FI. He's an adult. If he has issues with what is going on, he can put on the brakes. He's not just some unwilling passenger on your sister's juggernaut journey of life. Unless there is some serious Stockholm Syndrome stuff going on in their relationship. In that case, he needs to get some help. But is seems like both of them need to get some help.
  • SBmini said:
    I can only feel so bad for her FI. He's an adult. If he has issues with what is going on, he can put on the brakes. He's not just some unwilling passenger on your sister's juggernaut journey of life. Unless there is some serious Stockholm Syndrome stuff going on in their relationship. In that case, he needs to get some help. But is seems like both of them need to get some help.
    I know. Sis is very persuasive when it comes to getting what she wants. I'm wondering if there's some manipulation or self-esteem issues involved in this. DH and I are very curious to see how their first year of marriage goes.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards