40-Plus Brides
Options

Clueless about skin care and makeup - help!

I'll be 45 by my wedding day on August 21. I am a software engineer and work at home, so I almost never wear makeup and my skin care is basically moisturizer when I think about it (every other day or so). I'd like to improve my overall skin tone as much as I can by then, and figure out what makeup to wear. I have an appointment for a facial next week at a place my mom and daughter love, so that's a start, but I was thinking of going to a makeup counter or something for help. Suggestions on brands for mature brides? Or basically suggestions on anything? I'm so lost!

Robin
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Clueless about skin care and makeup - help!

• Options
       I am 44, but I have always been into makeup. For skincare I like the Oil of Olay regenerist line or the ROC line of skincare. Both are available at Ulta or a drugstore like CVS or Walgreens. Currently I use

ROC retinol correction eye cream
    ROC Deep wrinkle serum 
    ROC Deep wrinkle daily moisturizer with SPF 30
    ROC Max resurfacing facial cleanser

I don't actually have deep wrinkles, I just felt like I needed more intense moisturizer. I've been using the Deep wrinkle serum on my chest area and it does seem to be improved. I've also been doing glycolic treatments in that area though. ROC makes products that aren't specifically for deep wrinkles if you don't feel you need an intense moisturizer. I've been using it for 3 months now and my skin is smooth and has a nice texture and tone. 

For makeup I use bare minerals. It's not for everyone though, there's a learning curve to the application. If you can get to a Sephora I'd make an appointment with them and they can help you find the best products for you and show you how to apply them. I think you have to agree to buy 50$ worth of product or something. I'm pretty good at makeup so I've never needed it, but I know several people who were happy with the results. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards