Illinois-Chicago

Wedding Dress Alterations

Does anyone know of anyone in Chicago who can provide great alterations for a lower price than boutiques? I am just starting to look and it seems like the salons are all very expensive but the most reliable. Thoughts?

Re: Wedding Dress Alterations

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    The Chicago board used to be much more active a few years ago. Back then, you could not discuss alterations without mentioning Mary Catomy. She still does alterations and her reviews continue to be outstanding. http://www.yelp.com/biz/mary-catomy-bridal-alterations-schiller-park
  • kannesand6,
    The price of alterations will vary based on what needs to be done/ your dress. I used Julia Needlman for my alterations and had many compliments on my wedding day.
    Anniversary
  • I used the Dress Doctor is Water Tower Place. She wasn't inexpensive but she did an amazing job. She made my mom's dress from scratch. And it was perfect for her. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went with Mary Catomy about 2 years ago. She took my dress in probably 6 sizes (at least), and it was extremely reasonable. If you just need regular alterations, she should be able to do it for a very good price! The thing is you need to call her immediately - she just barely got me on her schedule 6 months in advance of our date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards