Wedding 911
Options

Need a new MOH with one month before the wedding!

mdlipmanmdlipman member
edited July 2014 in Wedding 911
Hi. Due to reasons that are unneeded for this discussion, I had to kick my MOH out of the wedding party. Now I am stuck with a dilemma. Through the whole ordeal with my original MOH, two of my bridesmaids in particular were being very supportive and helpful. Between the two of them, I have known the one a bit longer and am slightly closer to her. I know I can have two MOH, but is that the right move? I have five ladies total on my side. I don't want to offend the other bridesmaids by making these two MOHs when they all have been great. However, I don't know if its right for me to pick the one just because I've known her longer when they have both been exceptionally there for me. Any advice or ideas for this would be great. Thanks!

Re: Need a new MOH with one month before the wedding!

• Options
    All the maid of honor does is to hold your bouquet during the ring exchange.  No big deal.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    mdlipman said:
    Hi. Due to reasons that are unneeded for this discussion, I had to kick my MOH out of the wedding party. Now I am stuck with a dilemma. Through the whole ordeal with my original MOH, two of my bridesmaids in particular were being very supportive and helpful. Between the two of them, I have known the one a bit longer and am slightly closer to her. I know I can have two MOH, but is that the right move? I have five ladies total on my side. I don't want to offend the other bridesmaids by making these two MOHs when they all have been great. However, I don't know if its right for me to pick the one just because I've known her longer when they have both been exceptionally there for me. Any advice or ideas for this would be great. Thanks!
    Just keep the two bridesmaids you have as is. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    mdlipman said:
    Don't do a backup MOH- Just keep your bridesmaids and leave it. Replacing people is guaranteed to hurt feelings so it is best to just leave it and have all bridesmaids. Seriously, it is just a title. 
  • Options
    A dilemma is a situation where you have to choose between alternatives, none of which are favorable. This is not a dilemma. Not having someone designated the chosen one is a non issue.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Did the ex-MOH have an affair with your FI?  Assault one of you?
  • Options
    You don't need an MOH. Any changes you make will be rude and potentially hurtful.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Agree with PP. You don't need a MOH. Just keep them all as bridesmaids. 
  • Options
    Just here to echo what everyone else has said.  Don't choose a replacement, no hurt feelings (except the one you kicked out).  A MOH is not required to get married.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    Wow. My situation is the exactly the same. Due to way to much chaos to discuss- I had to kick my MOH out of my wedding as well- well she pretty much removed herself without me actually saying your done. My wedding is in a month also. I have 4 other girls with me and I am keeping it as is. I don't want anyone to think they are second best of have anyone's feelings get hurt. It is only a title anyways- the ones who matter are already standing up there with me. :) I was relived when I read your post because I haven't seen to many of 'our' dilemma on here with MOH's (monster of Honor) lol and by all means I'm far from a bridezilla- just a sad situation in itself. Hope the best for you next month. Congrats xox
  • Options
    You don't need the MOH since you kicked her out the party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards