Louisiana-New Orleans

Tableau vs. Bourbon House

luckychefluckychef member
First Comment
edited July 2014 in Louisiana-New Orleans
Being an out-of-town bride, I have reied heavily on internet reviews and help from local friends for choosing vendors. We contacted Livia at Dickie Brennan's sales dept and she was super helpful. We are having an intimate destination wedding with a small guest list of only about 25 people. She offered us the use of a private room at Tableau or Bourbon House and sent sample menus for both. I need help from some locals! I have scanned reviews on yelp, urbanspoon, and tripadvisor. Can I please get some feedback on either of these places, if any of you have dined there? Thank you so much!

Re: Tableau vs. Bourbon House

• Tableau is much better. Ask for the library room there which should fit your group.
  • 504mel504mel member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I have never dined at Bourbon House so I can't compare. I did have a private dining experience in the Parlor Room at Tableau for around 18 people and LOVED it. The sales department was very helpful in the months prior. And their food is fantastic.
  • I have been to both for regular dinner and for private functions. The food at both is good but they have different vibes. Bourbon House is right on a busy part of Bourbon street and has a classic New Orleans feel. The upstairs dining area is nice because it overlooks the main dining room and has french doors. The food is great and of course, if yall are into bourbon, they have a great list. As for Tableau, it is off Bourbon, right next to Jackson Square. It is a bit quieter, with a fancier feel. The food is also good, maybe a bit more refined. Both times I've been there, the service was incredibly slow. I think both would be good options -- it'll just depend on the feel you're going for!  Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards