Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Dessert & Cake

The wedding packages at the resort we're having our DW at include dessert AND cake. This seems like too much. Generally wedding cake IS dessert. I wish we could not do dessert and just have cake but it's pretty much use it or lose it. How much time should I allow between dessert and cake cutting? Which of these desserts sound like they'd go best with a post-dessert chocolate and raspberry cake?

Vanilla Puff Pastry Cake with CognacSauce 

Dark Chocolate Cake

Tiramisu 

I'm leaning toward tiramisu b/c Mr. E loves it and the top two don't appeal much to me. I don't like tiramisu but it'll keep me from eating two desserts! 

Re: Dessert & Cake

• tiramisu or the vanilla puff pastry. You already have chocolate cake, no need for 2.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'd go with the vanilla puff pastry cake.
  • I fucking love tiramisu.

Either tiramisu or vanilla puff pastry cake. And can you serve them art the same time? Like cut the cake and then guests can pick up one of each dessert if they want?

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:
    I fucking love tiramisu. Either tiramisu or vanilla puff pastry cake. And can you serve them art the same time? Like cut the cake and then guests can pick up one of each dessert if they want?
    I think that's what we're going to do with regard to the timing. I think I'm going to try to convince Mr. E we should go with vanilla cake with pineapple filling instead of the chocolate so there's enough difference between the two. Not sure why he'd care, with his epic sweet tooth he'll have one of each and probably my portion too!
  • Tiramisu sounds good, and so does the vanilla puff pastry cake.  Maybe one could be the main cake and the other could be the groom's cake?
  • Jen4948 said:
    Tiramisu sounds good, and so does the vanilla puff pastry cake.  Maybe one could be the main cake and the other could be the groom's cake?
    The vanilla puff pastry cake sounds the least appealing to me. But I like the idea of maybe doing the dark chocolate cake as a groom's cake then the fancy cake in a vanilla/pineapple combo for contrast. I'll have to ask the DOC if they get the dark choc cake whole and if we can just cut it ourselves? Thanks!
  • I was at a wedding that had dessert served immediately after the meal and then they did cake a little bit later.  I thought it was really cool.

I vote tiramisu, it's my favorite.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Maybe you can have some take home boxes available if people want to take their cake back.  I remember going to some weddings a long time ago where the cake was done later in the evening and served for people to take it home instead of eat it there.  We enjoyed it as a late night snack at home or the next day.
  •    We are doing our wedding at Disneyland. Their packages include both desert and cake. We are having a Creme Brulee (my favorite desert ever!) and then cake. I'm excited about two deserts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards