Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Catering Issues

Our situation is that we chose an old place of employment to cater our wedding. It's the catering for our alma mater university. They always do a beautiful job and have great weddings. The only problem? They have been aloof and elusive. We had to harrass them weekly from March-June to get finalized pricing and details. They refused to speak with our designated contact-my mother. Mid-June, my parents attended the tasting for us and everything went very well. (My parents are experienced chefs, so I fully trust them with arranging the food/cake)

After the tasting, the managers promised to send the finalized everything. And a month later, we haven't heard from them. Is it okay to call and tell them about my unhappiness? How do I tactfully do this?

Re: Catering Issues

• lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Are you already in contract with them? If not, I'd go with someone else. If you are, I'd email as well as call (and let them know I was contacting them both ways because you are concerned there is a communication issue). I'd use the word "concerned". It sounds polite and allows for them to explain themselves and get back on track.
  • Is there time for you to find another caterer?  Will you have to eat any deposits?  The lack of communication and, apparently, professionalism from these people suggest that you're not going to have a happy experience with them if you stay on.

If you have no choice but to continue with this caterer, I'd go straight to the head of the company and let them know that you are having communication problems with the staff.  I'd not only telephone and email them, but I'd also send a letter by snail mail.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards