African American Weddings

Finally booked ceremony pic heavy!

The reception is harder to book cause they are on some bs!
Got pictures of the ceremony!

Re: Finally booked ceremony pic heavy!

• Gorgeous!  What's the hiccup with booking the reception?

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Apparently it's free to go their and tour the grounds but once you say wedding you have to book 15 hotel room with them for three nights and the rooms are 1000.00 or close to it.
  • Wait, what?  You have to book 15 rooms for three nights?  That makes absolutely no sense.  I see your dilemma.   What can you do to resolve this?  Is there any negotiation in this clause?  

• New owners are on some bs so me and my planner are going to try to negotiate something or move on to the next venue
  • That sounds like a plan.  I hope you can come to some compromise because it really looks like a beautiful spot.  If not, there are other beautiful spots out there to be had.  Good luck to you and keep us informed.  

• Yes what are they smoking lol... thats foolishness you are already spending a ton of money just for the reception and now they want to strong-arm you into giving out more money for rooms you dont need..smh i wouldnt even negotiate id definitely keep moving they wouldnt get my last dime lol... But i do hope you are able to work something out.. it is beautiful

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• They said if we moved our date to  low season its doable. so we moved it.
  • They said if we moved our date to  low season its doable. so we moved it.
    That's great.  Glad you worked it out. :-)

• Already requested it thanks!
  • They dont do courtesy blocks!
  • chile please, this ain't no harder than algebra. 15 rooms at 1K for 3 nights = $45,000. You want the Bahamas right? See if there's a private residence or estate or governor's mansion or something where you can host. This one is $12,000 a week and houses 27 guests. I'm not trying to run your pockets but perspective. $45,000 is a child in college for 3 years. Click below. http://www.vrbo.com/358410
  • cookdt5312014cookdt5312014 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2014
    That is great but it says closest restaurant is 200 miles we would have to bring everything in. we decided  to do the ceremony at the cloisters and not  have the reception in the gardens its not worth it.Even though they lowered it to 10 rooms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards