Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Bridal shower venue help

chelann221chelann221 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited July 2014 in Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Does anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive indoor venue for my shower in the Plum/Monroeville or Murrysville area? I am not looking for a restaurant or banquet/event hall as I do not want to pay for expensive catered food. We are making all the food ourselves. I am paying $87 a plate for my wedding so I'm looking to do my shower cheaply. Thanks!

Re: Bridal shower venue help

• edited July 2014
    Try a firehall? or does your church?

Edit: You shouldn't be hosting your own shower though...
  • wponc01wponc01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2014
    I am having mine at Jaden's in Monroeville on Rt 22 - We have had food catered from there before, and it is not expensive, but is very good! Edit: Not all brides have someone in their family or someone close to them that is monetarily capable of throwing a shower. It is 2014 - weddings and showers come in all shapes and sizes!
  • It's rude and gift grabby to host your own shower. If no one wants to host one for me, there won't be one...I'm not trying to be mean about it, I've just been lurking the etiquette boards for a while. That being said, just because someone else offers to host doesn't mean they have to break the bank..It doesn't have to cost much...it can be potluck at someone's house or a park.
  • csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    It's rude and gift grabby to host your own shower. If no one wants to host one for me, there won't be one...I'm not trying to be mean about it, I've just been lurking the etiquette boards for a while. That being said, just because someone else offers to host doesn't mean they have to break the bank..It doesn't have to cost much...it can be potluck at someone's house or a park.
    This is true.  They may not tell you to your face, but at least some people will be offended and find it gift grabby to throw your own shower.

@chelann221 please read through posts on the etiquette board and other boards on this topic.  You will also find lots of good ideas for how to keep costs down.
  • I know I'm not from the area, but try less conventional venues. We're having ours in a community center. It's a smaller venue and the community library is on the other side, but it's private and fits the bill. You can try VFW's, lodges, or places like that too. Some are willing to rent to non-members.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards