Chit Chat

Do you have an item everyone in the world uses except you?

Re: Do you have an item everyone in the world uses except you?

• I don't use Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest at all. I also don't like pizza.
    I don't like tomatoes, so unless it's a white pizza or a pizza without sauce (aka cheesy bread), I won't eat it. I don't like most toppings either, so it's mostly just cheesy bread. Sometimes bacon. But, I LOVE cheese and I LOVE bread/carbs. So, there's that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• I don't have a microwave. Originally it was out of laziness when I moved into a place without one and didn't own one myself, but now I enjoy the creative challenge of heating certain things and don't want one.

***stuck in the box****

We have one that came with the place.   The only thing I microwave is bacon and melt butter.   Neither thing I do on any regular basis.  And both things I can do with other appliances.  My bacon eating would not suspend if the microwave wasn't there.   I can't stand reheating meals in the the microwave.  Gross.  I always reheat in the oven or on the stove.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    I don't have a microwave. Originally it was out of laziness when I moved into a place without one and didn't own one myself, but now I enjoy the creative challenge of heating certain things and don't want one.

***stuck in the box****

We have one that came with the place.   The only thing I microwave is bacon and melt butter.   Neither thing I do on any regular basis.  And both things I can do with other appliances.  My bacon eating would not suspend if the microwave wasn't there.   I can't stand reheating meals in the the microwave.  Gross.  I always reheat in the oven or on the stove.
    I forgot about microwaving bacon! I never use microwave. FI uses it for reheating coffee (gross) but FSS uses it frequently for snacks. As it is permanently filthy and takes up a lot of space, I've been voting to get rid of it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I uh, I...nothing, I got nothing.

I don't use a blow dryer daily but I do use it sometimes. I live on coffee and would live on pizza if someone would let me. The crock pot and the microwave are two of my three favorite ways to cook (the third being the Foremen grill)...garlic press! I never use the garlic press we have! I'm counting that.
  • I don't use measuring cups and spoons. If a recipe calls for 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup of something I eyeball it. 

• Cash and twitter (I have an account and I use it to comment disqus and jezebel, not for its intended purpose). I also don't really use pinterest that much. I'll use it heavy for a week and then get annoyed with the lack of sources for images and ignore it for months.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I don't carry cash around either but I didn't think many people did anymore! I went to get a pedicure the other day and the nail place wouldn't let me add a tip when I paid with my debit card. Then they proceeded to glare at me when I didn't break out a cash tip. Sorry, not sorry but I don't carry cash on me ever and it's not like I didn't try to tip you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• No hair dryer in the house (drives my mom/girlfriends CRAZY when they come to visit), I rarely carry a purse (wristlet for the win), and I never drink pop (unless it's diet with vodka).
    Anniversary

• Twitter, Instagram, hair dryers, foundation, shaving cream, ereaders, and I almost never use measuring cups (I also make up random delicious recipes and then forget how I did it.) 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm a no purse girl. It drives everyone nuts that I keep my phone in one pocket, DL/CC in the other.

Other than that I pretty much use all the stuffs.
  • l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

Makeup.  I used to wear it but now I just break it out on special occasions. 

Beer.  I can't stand it.  Doesn't matter if it's cheap, craft, whatever, I don't want it.  FI loves going beer tasting and sometimes I'll ry his and try to see what the appeal is but I don't, I think it's gross.

Jeans.  Yes, I own jeans but I rarely wear them.  First, I can't wear jeans at work and if I'm not at work I'm probably in comfy clothes like sweats or shorts.  I think they are uncomfortable and I try to avoid them.  Although sometimes in the winter it's just too cold for anything but if I need something casual.

• Hair dryer. I just never saw the point.

Not a fan of chocolate

• I own makeup, hairdryer, straight iron and a curling iron.   

Makeup comes out on special occasions.    Hair dryer only if I have to leave the house before it can dry on it's own.   Which is rare because I work from home starting at 7am.  Or if I'm getting ready for a special occasion.     Since we moved I've haven't seen either styling irons, but I know they are around somewhere.

I do not own a regular iron either.  I do have a steamer though.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I do not iron things. I think I may have one somewhere that my mom bought me when I went to college about a decade ago but I've never used it. My work clothes go to the dry cleaners and then I immediately hang them up. And if a shirt is wrinkled I toss it into the dryer with a wet washcloth for about ten minutes- problem solved!
  • I only wear sweat pants if I'm working out and even then they're usually nicer work out pants.. If I'm lounging around the house, I'm in jeans. I feel most comfortable in jeans.

Anniversary
  • I only use my hair dryer to heat up my eyelash curler. I also hate dishwashers. I've had one in every place I've lived and never used them.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Spoons. I have this really weird aversion to them. I don't really eat soup or cereal so it works out. I have no idea how I got this way...

• FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    You can all send your kitchen gadgets to me! I could use a fondue set and garlic press! I love my crockpots. 

I like to use tiny purses so instead of a wallet, I use a little coin purse that has little slots in the side. That's where I keep my DL/CCs etc. Then I can just carry my tinypurse that is just big enough for that, my phone, and maybe some mints and a chapstick. I don't get giant purses. I have one larger purse that I use for sneaking snacks into the movie theater and that's about it. 

Dryer sheets. They are kind of necessary now that I live in the midwest where it's so dry in the winter, but back home I didn't need them. It drives DH crazy when I forget to use them.
  • I never use any heat products on my hair. It's super thick, so it takes just as long to blow dry as to air dry.
  • @fiancb Dryer sheet have a purpose? I honestly just use them for the Snuggle smell....

• FiancB said:

You can all send your kitchen gadgets to me! I could use a fondue set and garlic press! I love my crockpots. 

I like to use tiny purses so instead of a wallet, I use a little coin purse that has little slots in the side. That's where I keep my DL/CCs etc. Then I can just carry my tinypurse that is just big enough for that, my phone, and maybe some mints and a chapstick. I don't get giant purses. I have one larger purse that I use for sneaking snacks into the movie theater and that's about it. 

Dryer sheets. They are kind of necessary now that I live in the midwest where it's so dry in the winter, but back home I didn't need them. It drives DH crazy when I forget to use them.

I really wish I could just carry a wallet or tiny purses. I did for a while, pretty much through college. The EpiPen needing to come along for most rides and not being able to fit it in my pocket along with the DL/CC nixed that practice, though.

Yeah the epi pen ditches small purses for sure.

• Twitter and instagram.  I'm just MEH about them.

Cheesecake because I am not a fan and I get soooo much flak for it.  I was forced to stay at my inlaws over Christmas last year and I watched in fascination as she ate third of a cheesecake for breakfast.  Sure it tastes good....until it starts feeling like a toxic brick in my tum-tum :(:(

• Pants definitely pants. I think in the 2+ years I have been with FI he has seen me in pants maybe 9 times. Ever since I gained weight and went from a 6 to a 10/12 I am uncomfortable in pants. The few times I have worn them I have been begging to just go home and take them off; half the time I took them off in the car I was that annoyed.

FTR pajama bottoms don't count in the 9 times
  • @afox007 Lol what do you wear? Like long skirts? It gets way too cold here to not wear pants. 

• Wow, I own or use everything mentioned above, except for an iron. If something is wrinkly, I throw it in the dryer for a few minutes.

I run on coffee and perfected microwave cooking. I even use all my kitchen gadgets-blender, waffle maker, popcorn popper, garlic press (once, I used it once)  and crock pot. I need to wear make up (foundation included) and I use a hair dryer daily. I use my straightener less often though.

I don't have have HD on my tv. In fact, I don't have cable. I only have five channels.

• I do not wear makeup unless it's a super special occasion. I just threw most of it out because I bought it for my best friend's wedding four years ago and it was pretty gross! I prefer to sleep in as long as possible than to put makeup on. Meh.

I also do not own a hair straighten or curler. My hair is super fine so it already straight and it will not hold a curl unless I pay a professional, so I just can't be bothered.
  • Cable television.  Everyone I know is stumped that FI and I don't have cable.  I find it pointless to pay for shows when there are only 4 channels I even watch.  That's why the good lord invented netflix and hulu. You can actively watch the shows you want without all that extra bs.  And it isn't close to $200 a month.  I can think of so many better ways to spend $200 every month.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards