October 2014 Weddings

Sending my Invites!

Wednesday we are sending our invitations! I can't wait! Our wedding is October 12th! My original plan was to wait until around the first week of August but my stepmom mentioned to me people were asking if I had sent them out! So to get them out of my house my fiance is gonna bring them to the post office to get them hand cancelled on Wednesday! So happy!

Re: Sending my Invites!

• I am going to order out invites this week! Can't wait to get them in my hand!
  • Our date is Oct 18! We will be sending them out next week - last week of July/first week of August. I am ready to get this big box full of invites out of the corner of the room! 
  • I just finished mine up…almost. There are 4 last minute ones that I still need to address/stuff/seal. My bridal shower that my mom is hosting is on August 2nd. So I want to get them in the mail and postmarked on the 1st. I was going to hold off until the 13th or so, but I'm saying eff it! 
  • wow, iI cant believe how early you guys are sending them! my date is 10/10 and iI am not sending out mine till like august 30th. iI dont want people to just put them aside and forget about them. iI am not chasing rsvp's down. you dont send it, oh well. 
  • Eeekkkkk!!!! Starting to get everything together for mine! I printed out address labels and printed out the actual invite on the vellum...my girls and I are having an invitation party next weekend where we will be putting them together! It's getting more and more exciting!!!
  • wow, iI cant believe how early you guys are sending them! my date is 10/10 and iI am not sending out mine till like august 30th. iI dont want people to just put them aside and forget about them. iI am not chasing rsvp's down. you dont send it, oh well. 

lol to me August 30th is super late! My venue/coordinator suggested sending them 2 months before with an RSVP date a month before. I also have a good chunk of guests coming from out of town. I'm suprised you are waiting so late since your wedding is on a Friday. Thats partly why I am sending mine earlier too (Sunday Wedding). People may need to take time off that Monday since not everyone gets it off and in your case people may need to take a half day depending on the time of everything!

That would be too late for us.  Our hotel room block requires that rooms within the block are booked by Sept 4 (one month in advance) or else they will release those rooms to the public (the hotel is completely booked aside from our block). 
    Sending the invitations next week will give our guests the month of August to decide if they can come and get their rooms booked.  Also, our caterer needs to know headcount two weeks in advance, which means rsvps are due in mid-September.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • iI sent out STD's in march so people know. only 1 person from out of town is coming, literally. some of tge others already declined on our wedding website. even if people were coming from oot iI wasnt going to do a hotel block. 95% of tge people coming are in town. the ceremony is at 6. if they are coming 6 weeks is plenty of time to get off work maybe an hour early, if that. iI dont need a final count we are doing buffet. as long as iI have an estimate we can get the food. as far as the venue, not a typical wedding venue...we set up, decorate, and clean. 
  • hkda2003hkda2003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014
    Finally everything has come together!! I received my envelopes back from the calligrapher last Wednesday, and I am so in love with them, I don't even want to send them out! Then on Friday, I picked up the final piece, the accommodation cards. I just stuffed them today, so now I just need postage and will be good to go! Woohoooo!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards